Headphones Upgrade Help
Nov 15, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #33 of 34
So to try to sort this out I give few more informations. The headphones I'm going to replace are Meze 99 Classics and AKG 712 pro; Meze are funny but so so imaging, detail is just ok and bass are just too much. AKG have a fantastic imaging, decent bass andgood detail but after all they sound boring, good for any musical genre but not shining in any specific one (all of these are my personal opinions but because my ears work like that they are my "truth").
The headphones I would like to buy is a kind of mix of the best features of my Meze and AKG

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #34 of 34
I have Grado SR325 (original, not e, i, or x) and they are not nearly as comfortable and more mids-centered than the ATH-R70X. If I do a bass frequency sweep from audiocheck.net, some bass just isn't there.

The Grado SR325 are fun for rock. But for analytical music like jazz and classical -- and for long listening sessions -- I prefer the ATH-R70X. For what it's worth, if there are any other sentient beings living with you, for others in the room the ATH-R70X are also a little quieter than the Grado at the same listening volume.
I have the 325x and I mostly listen to classical music and jazz, in my opinion they are definitely suitable for that, and I don't lack bass, I agree that they have a focus on the mids, but there is absolutely no lack in the highs/lows,
The only problem is the convenience. Maybe it could be improved with replacement pillows.
All this is just my personal taste (of course...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back