Headphones under 80$
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Coleb21

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have the ultrasone Hfi 450 and while I like their sound quality they seem too heavy on the bass for me from the first day.. It's come to a point that my ears heart from listening to them and I feel a constant pressure on the inside of the ear even when I am not listening to them.

I want a pair of headphones that are best fit for those requirements: much less heavy on the bass,have a good sound quality, isolating from outside noises as much as possible and comfortable for up to 80$.

Which do you think that are best fit ?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 8
If you can stretch the budget just a bit you can get into the much more neutral ATH-M40x. It is very comfortable and isolates well. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It could work. On a related note, have you thought about an IEM possibly? It might solve some of your issues.

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 8
are you willing to go used market?

if you can stretch a little

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thinksound...849770&hash=item213d3e9671:g:VjEAAOSwdqRaliTb

thats a steal.. i personally never listened to the ON2 but the ON1 was very very good, I like it alot but the only problem was it is on ear, I think the ON2 is over ear. I listen to it and compared to the Bower and WIlkin P5 at the time and like it better than the P5

heres a review of it

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can stretch the budget just a bit you can get into the much more neutral ATH-M40x. It is very comfortable and isolates well. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It could work. On a related note, have you thought about an IEM possibly? It might solve some of your issues.

Thanks, the thing is that I need to add something like 25$ for shipping to where I live regardless of the headphones base price so it's actually more then I want to spend right now.In another matter there is some reviewing website that categorized this headphones as "Best Bass" for under 100$ , could it be that they would seem too much on the heavy bass side to me ?

I prefer over the ear if possible since any kind of in ear usually irritates me even for a short period of time..

are you willing to go used market?

if you can stretch a little

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thinksound...849770&hash=item213d3e9671:g:VjEAAOSwdqRaliTb

thats a steal.. i personally never listened to the ON2 but the ON1 was very very good, I like it alot but the only problem was it is on ear, I think the ON2 is over ear. I listen to it and compared to the Bower and WIlkin P5 at the time and like it better than the P5

heres a review of it

Thanks, but I don't want to go to the used market right now, and I also need international shipping

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks, the thing is that I need to add something like 25$ for shipping to where I live regardless of the headphones base price so it's actually more then I want to spend right now.In another matter there is some reviewing website that categorized this headphones as "Best Bass" for under 100$ , could it be that they would seem too much on the heavy bass side to me ?

I prefer over the ear if possible since any kind of in ear usually irritates me even for a short period of time..

Thanks, but I don't want to go to the used market right now, and I also need international shipping

any reason for not going the used market? typically used market are cheaper espeically in your price range and its already been burned in so you get a fully optimized driver for listening, but the thinksound ON1 is the cheapest I can suggest for new.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 8

The M40x is definitely not a basshead can. It's really very neutral--FWIW.

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 8
Thinksound on2 is still on ear. Have you looked at the Brainwavz Hm5 or NVX xpt100? Should be able to find these for 80 bucks if you look around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back