Headphones under $50-60
Feb 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
Yea the Cad mh310's look similar to the Superflux's, just a bit more expensive (all I see are $60+).  

It's really just the Panasonic HTF600-S vs. the Superflux HD 681's.  I hear Panny's are more bassy, hopefully it doesn't muddle the sound quality too much.  

Perhaps just a few more opinions between the two to finalize? 

Thanks everybody for helping

The Cad are on ebay for upper 50's with free shipping which is in your price range. I had the htf600 and liked them but the Cad sound better and seem more durable. They are all a good value with the htf600 giving the most bang for the buck just not necessarily the best sound, unless you prefer bass over balance and detail Some say removing the foam over the driver fixes that but I broke mine before I was able to that.

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 21
So basically, coughing up $20 more for the CADs would be worthwhile for playing games such as Skyrim and listening to music.  I wouldn't bother adding or removing padding, so no upgrading the Panasonics with that $20 foam. 

These all seem very....studio like.  I'm really just here to chill, perhaps in public (lol). 

CAD's $57
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAD-MH310-Closed-Back-Around-Ear-Studio-Headphones-NEW-/190594256826?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2c604d8fba

Panasonic $37
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Panasonic-DJ-Style-Monitor-Headphones-RP-HTF600-S-/290674690766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ad8fcace

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
So basically, coughing up $20 more for the CADs would be worthwhile for playing games such as Skyrim and listening to music.  I wouldn't bother adding or removing padding, so no upgrading the Panasonics with that $20 foam. 

Well for me it was worth it because I put a high priority on accuracy and bang for the buck. They fit the bill perfectly.

In your original post you mentioned not wanting big headphones. The CAD are BIG. They are totally closed though so they don't leak sound.
That is why I even recommended them because they are closed. If you don't mind leakage and a bass tilted sound the panasonics would be fine. I enjoyed them flaws and all. 

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #20 of 21
Well I haven't been in the headphone scene in quite a while. 

But I have a pair of audio technica es7 that I really enjoy. 
Last I remember of them they were going for around 60-70 used. That may or may not be the case anymore. 

Either way I think if you got your hands on one of these you'd be rather happy. 

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 21

Kind of expected you to recommend MHP839's! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Heya,

The HTF600 is fine. They're not huge. The drivers are big, but the cups are not monstrous. They're a good size. Normal size really. The don't leak nearly as bad as the internet has made it out to be. They leak a little more than a really good isolation closed-back headphone, but that's leaking out, they don't leak hardly at all in. So you're in your own world with them. They're fantastic for gaming, they have a good sound stage and imaging, and the bass is terrific for ambient sound in games and action and is out of control good for anything with a good strong 30hz kick to it like bassy music. As far as I'm concerned, in this price range, nothing is going to handle it except and IEM. If you want to move up in cost, the M-Audio Q40 would be the next tier stop.

Size of headphone for reference (they're not huge like Fischers/AudioTechnicas):

Full review in my signature if you want some more gushing.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back