Headphones under $350 with very specific things that I need them to have.
Mar 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #16 of 16

Quote:
Hey! So the problem is that I live in israel, and pepole buy beats and skullcandy here for 300$ but overlook the 200$ AKGs. I couldent find a single store that sells the K550, not to mention the others you mentioned up there. We mostly have low end AKG, some cheap Sony, Logitech, and a whole bunch of beats.
I know I like the AKG sound since I got the k518DJ right now, on me, and I like it, its ok. The thing is I am not sure if the upgrade is worth it, if the headphones will have that much of a difference from the k518DJ. I am not sure it will live up to my expectations... Is there that much of a difference?
It took me a lot of time to get this kinda money (I am only 14). I really like music and I am not sure this is the right choice for me. I will also walk publicly with this cans so it can't be ugly, yet the k550 is awfully elegantic, and very beautiful. I like them more than the beats, to be honest (in terms of looks).
So... Yeah. I think I am leaning to the k550 with the Fiio e7+e9 combo.
Are these good prices? I kinda wish to get them asap. If you have any online store that is working with akg, that sells genuine akg products, and can ship to israel (with or without free shipping, preffered with :) I would be very interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FiiO-E7-E9-Headphones-Amplifier-Earphones-Desktop-DAC-/270788768208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c44b1d0#ht_3427wt_1163
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AKG-Acoustics-K550-Closed-Back-Reference-Headphones-/280849156576?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4163ea09e0#ht_3608wt_1139
Thanks alot for your help.

Heya,

I would say go for the K550. But don't bother with the Fiio E9. It doesn't need it at all. Instead, just get the E7. With it's EQ option for bass, the K550 will get bassy enough to satisfy (it reaches low, so just bump it to EQ2 and you'll have something closer to the Denon sound). So K550+E7 (or E11) and you're good to go.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back