Headphones under $180
May 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NineEleven

Head-Fier
I want headphones which are : 

I listen to Trance music which is Vocal and Progressive , Metal and Rock and Reggae.

Most Importantly:

Sound Quality / Sound : 

1. For Vocal Trance the Vocals have to be clear and nice in every single way ( In high tones and in medium tones and low tones ).

1. Bass doesnt have to be alot just the perfect amount not too hurt your ears but hear a thump.

1. I listen to alot of Trance so I want the beats to be nice and smooth in high , medium and low . Not that they hurt   your ears once again.

1. No Music Leakage is an important feature.

Portability and Style : 

1. I will listen to music mostly on my computer and cellphone/iPod so I want it to be portable and not bulky . Regarding style as long as it is good to go out with im fine . 

Durability :

1. I want a solid product which hopefully lasts long .

Comfort : 

1. I want a comfy pair of headphones so I can last long listening to music without any problem but at the same time they feel sturdy so If I shake my head they dont fall off.

Preferably :

1. No use of batteries
  2. Noise Cancellation
  3. Detachable Cable
  4. Replacable Cups.

Thank you ! I hope I find I good pair of headphones. 

May 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 7
I can vouch for the HD-25 I II, they are accurate with vocals, bass is nice and punchy.
When it comes to build quality they are rock solid.  

May 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Consider the Ultrasone HFi-780's. Great for trance and are very durable.
If you want a removable cable, consider a used pair of pro 750's

May 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 7
You may have to up your budget a bit to get all that you want and/or get an amp.  Check out the buying guides with "1" rated cans:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/buying-guide-headphones-by-price-range

and

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

May 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Shure SRH840

Ticks every requirement you wanted.  Make sure you try them first - some find them uncomfortable - I found them perfect.  Won't need an amp either. 

May 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
But they are bulky to take outside.

I guess that's personal opinion.  In that case, I agree with KC Jag - you may need to rethink your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back