Headphones - Turnoffs?
Nov 9, 2003 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

JiPi

500+ Head-Fier
I was in the bus just yesterday morning, and a really hot girl came in. She had this sexy walk going
on and she sat down right in front of me (the benches are lined up against the bus' walls..). I thought
she was very good looking. After a moment, she probably got bored by the sad landscapes outside
(or maybe the view she got from in front of her
rolleyes.gif
) And she pulled out a PCDP from her bag. A
pile of crap I should say. She had probably bought it at a Wal-Mart for $5 or something. But then,
the part I most regret, happened : she pulls out some cheapy earphones from her bag, all tangled up,
and puts them in her ears, still with her ever so sexy manners.

Turn-off. I don't know if it's the same for you guys, but seeing a hot girl with plane-earphones in her ears
just hurts me.
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 15
I didn't have my V6 that day. Sadly, because I probably would've went up to her and show her what
true performance is. Audio performance that is
evil_smiley.gif

Maybe the word turn-off was a bit strong. How about, I get a feeling of sadness when looking at
this lady? Hmmm.. suggest some expressions/words if you want to, I'm poor in vocabulary
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 15
Dude,

Get a life
biggrin.gif
I don't care what headphones she wears,if she's hot(and does'nt smoke) she's on the "Hit List".

This is the first time I have ever heard of headphones throwing out a c***block. You are sick man
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
I didn't have my V6 that day. Sadly, because I probably would've went up to her and show her what
true performance is. Audio performance that is
evil_smiley.gif

You be sure to send us a news flash if that pickup line works.

Nov 9, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 15
A good looking woman that cares enough about music to carry it with her..........never a turn off.

Nov 9, 2003 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Dude,

Get a life
biggrin.gif
I don't care what headphones she wears,if she's hot(and does'nt smoke) she's on the "Hit List".

This is the first time I have ever heard of headphones throwing out a c***block. You are sick man
wink.gif

LOL
600smile.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 15
Who said she was listening to good music?

No, really. I never said that these earphones could've ever stop me from ban**** her. Just that if she
had taken Ety's from her purse, it would've been a big plus. Not a small minus. Dunno if that made sense.
redface.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 15
I think Etymotic.inc should start a dating service for all its fans.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
Who said she was listening to good music?

No, really. I never said that these earphones could've ever stop me from ban**** her. Just that if she
had taken Ety's from her purse, it would've been a big plus. Not a small minus. Dunno if that made sense.
redface.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 15
Blah blah blah I saw a sexy woman blah blah blah.

I'm sorry, I fail to see the problem.

No, I do see a problem. Threads like this probably does not encourage a female membership and even I (of the purple hoods and approx 50 headphones in 3 years) think you're weird.

Nov 10, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Threads like this probably does not encourage a female membership

Well, you are correct, of course. But why single out this post, when there are so many candidates? For example, consider this post.

Nov 10, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #12 of 15
Mia Culpa!

I have been thinking that I should PM her an apology, just in case she took it wrong. It was suppose to be a good natured jest, but I sometimes forget that people don't understand my weird sense of humor, if they don't know me. My bad.

Nov 10, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #13 of 15
Hmm. I think you, and others, misunderstood my thread. I probably should've posted it in the
'Certifiably Inane' area of this forum. I didn't see this as a post flaming women with 'bad sounding
cans', who could care less. I just wanted to make a little joke, or even just share a thought maybe.
Seems I didn't do the right thing, but then again, who says a thing is right to do?

Anyway, I'm just trying to clarify that my goal was not to bash women with mediocre portable
listening devices (..eh) saying they're unattractive or make me want to puke. (Never got this
disguted by anyone this much, btw.) There's always a place for learning in this world, guess I'm
doing just that right now.

Sorry again for that "unethical" post. If someone would close this thread, it'd probably be a good thing.

Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Blah blah blah I saw a sexy woman blah blah blah.

I'm sorry, I fail to see the problem.

No, I do see a problem. Threads like this probably does not encourage a female membership and even I (of the purple hoods and approx 50 headphones in 3 years) think you're weird.

Nov 10, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
A good looking woman that cares enough about music to carry it with her..........never a turn off.

Hell, a good looking DEAF woman is never a turn off!

JC

Nov 10, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
Hell, a good looking DEAF woman is never a turn off!

JC

haha, ok that really isn't funny, but at my college we have the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, and there are plenty of good looking deaf women. I always felt sorry that a lot of deaf people here will probably never truly know what music really is. We all obsess over whether $500 headphone A is more life-like than $500 headphone B when we don't appreciate the fact that we can hear to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back