Headphones too sensitive for Hisound DAPs?
Aug 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Commix

New Head-Fier
So I've been looking into buying a new DAP to upgrade from playing music off my Iphone, and I'm pretty interested in the Hisound Rocoo BA and Studio-V models. The main problem/complaint I've heard about this line of players is the hiss that the produce with highly sensitive headphones. I've got a pair of ATH-Ck10's for my IEM's and I was wondering anyone knows how they would sound with these players? I'd prefer getting the Studio-V, but if the hiss would be too bad I'd definitely lean towards the Rocoo BA as a solution. Or should I just stick with my Iphone?

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 12
Why spend so much? Why not get a $35 4GB Sandisk Clip+ and a $19 32GB microSDHC card to put in it?

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 12
popcorn.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 12
Do you hear noise using the Clip+????? I don't. Who cares about measurements that people can't hear.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Do you hear noise using the Clip+????? I don't. Who cares about measurements that people can't hear.

Do you hear noise using an Iphone? Have you listened to HISound ar making assumptions that whatever you own is best for everyone? I have a clip+, a Fuze, a HiSound and the latest 2 series Ipod touches that are very much like Iphones.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #7 of 12
I looked up the Hisound Rocoo BA and wasn't impressed. I noticed the high price, short battery life and small screen. I will accept 12 hour battery life and a small screen in a $35 player, but not in a $150+ player. If I was to buy a $150+ player, I would insist that it has long battery life,  a decent sized high quality screen, and plays video well. I guess others may have different preferences.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Why spend so much? Why not get a $35 4GB Sandisk Clip+ and a $19 32GB microSDHC card to put in it?

Because the the hisound sounds much better than the clip.

I went from a first gen fuze to a cowon device to the hisound.

Even rockboxed, the SQ the hisound sounds better than the cowon which sounds better than the rockboxed fuze.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #10 of 12
Just get the hisound studio v and switch firmwares. (get the BA firmware) and get the best of both worlds. or purchase an adapter that would take out hiss as well. I own a nationite n2 and hear a hiss but its not too disturbing for me. YMMV.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 12
Theres someone who reviewed the studio show switched firmwares and indeed encourages to try out firmwares. I believe the reviewer had problems on hiss as well, the BA FW as per reviewer solved the hiss, but lowered volume a bit. about 4 steps iirc. But yeah, ask jack on that anyways
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back