headphones to rival (and beat) qc 3's
Aug 8, 2007 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

keysopendoors

New Head-Fier
i've been reading through this site for a while now in an attempt to find a recommendation for on-ear, noise cancelling headphones. my original fascination began with the bose qc 3's but frankly, they're over-priced and i'm convinced there's something else out there of better quality and more affordability. i'm looking to use these headphones primarily in environments with much background noise (subway, airplane). i am willing to spend up to $200 usd, and although i prefer on-ear to over-ear, i am also very susceptipble to recommendations for smaller over-ear headphones. i've been pointed towards sennheisers and sonys, but a final word would be much apreciated. thank you!

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 8
You can try looking up on the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 for noise cancelling headphones on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Oops...these are circumaural rather than supraaural...

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 8
i'm not a fan of in-ear phones. since i posted the original thread, i've done a lot more reading and researching. i've come to realize that what i'm looking for needs to be portable and comfortable. they need to produce good sound from an ipod or macbook without an amp. i'm primarily using these headphones to listen to ambient noise, jazz, acoustic and folk.

what i've seen most commonly recommended is the grado sr-80s. however, i'm impartial to the 'leaking sound' aspect.
after revising my original request, i'm seriously looking into the akg 271, sony mdr nc6, and alessandro ms-1.

any word or further recommendation would be much appreciated.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 8
The MS-1 will leak just as much sound as the Grados. They're almost the same design.

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 8
Another vote for AT ANC7's. They sound terrific, are comfortable, and have effective noise cancellation. They are FAR, FAR superior to the QC2's (and yes, I have actually heard the QC2's).

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapier84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try looking up on the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 for noise cancelling headphones on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Oops...these are circumaural rather than supraaural...

besides the fitting...I prefer circumaural, ATH beat QC2/3 around like a ragdoll
very_evil_smiley.gif

QC is a total waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back