Headphones to pair with DX50 and amp if needed ($400 range)
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dharmashawn

New Head-Fier
Hello there!! I love this little DAP! She sounds great through my Brainwavz HM5's and my Senn HD25-1 II , but I am looking to upgrade. The DAP sounds fantastic with the line out > Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 > B&W DM602 S3. Huge improvement over my Dragonfly DAC (first generation).

So back to the Headphones: I like Tight Full Bass from my music (as I am a Bass Player), but I am not BASS HEAVY genre specific. I love Jazz, Funk, R&B - Jaco Pastorius, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, RATM, Joni Mitchell, System of a Down, Pearl Jam, Bootsy...................

I am looking pretty hard at the Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs and I definitely want something unique that stands apart from the norm. A real head turner. I also wouldn't mind purchasing an amp to get the most out of my new headphones.

Gentlemen let the ideas flow................................... 

Thanks Much and
Be Well
Shawn

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Considering I already have two flavors:

Brainwavz HM5 
Senn HD25-1 II

I started some research on the V-MODA M-100. They seem a little Bass heavy, they are customizable, and seem to get excellent/good to middle ground reviews.

If I look at my HM5's as the neutral go to and then these M-100's could give me a low end guy to enjoi.....................hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back