headphones to match sugden headmaster
Jan 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chaostheory1980

Head-Fier
I currently own a sugden headmaster and cdmaster with hd650's, music tastes vary from rock to accoustic to hip hop (very broad). I like the sound of the 650's but there is a very "veiled" sound from them, like something is missing from the music, have been looking on several forums and people seem to be championing the hd600s, but would like to move away from the senns. Have been considering the ath-w1000's but cannot seem to find a thread on these regarding what type of music they are best for... Can anyone suggest a pair of cans that would complement this setup, or a reason why i should seriously consider the hd600s?

Thanks
k701smile.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 4
i actually think the hd650 has better treble, it's just darker. hd600 is more balanced sounding and isn't as blended as the hd650. think of hd600 as a single malt vs blended scotch of hd650. similar taste, different deliveries.

to move away from the senns, i recommend alessandro ms pro. i prefer the rs-1 as a fone but the msp matches better with sugden.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 4
The HD600 won't sound veiled at all on the Headmaster, but they still wouldn't be what you're looking for.

I haven't listened to the HM for a long while, however I found it a good combination for enjoyable fun listening with the Ultrasone HFI-2200. Not as resolving and delicate as the HD600, but maybe more in the lines of what you'd enjoy.
Not a good match for the JVC DX-1000, a bit weird sounding considering these cans sound good even from a PC soundcard.

I haven't ever listened to the W1000, so can't comment, but I've tried the W11R and I didn't like it. Quite far from the balance the HD600 provide, harsh treble and kind of shouty voices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back