Headphones To Fall Asleep With
Sep 13, 2003 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
I have been using my Zen and MX400's in bed to fall asleep. In the morning I have to search for the little foam pads as they always fall off the buds. Now I cant find one that fell off

Any suggestions? Do the RS foam pads stay on any better?

What are good headphone to fall asleep with?

I was thinking about getting the ER-4p's anyway but wonder if it would be a wise choice sleeping with them in my ears?

I assume that the 4P's vs the 4S's would be the way to go with the Zen or would the Zen's powerful amp drive the 4S's for better fidelity?

Sep 14, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 9
The Ety's are not falling asleep cans. They stick out too far so you can't lay on your side and I wouddn't want to subject them to the occasional strains of cord getting tugged/wrapped around things, etc.

Sep 14, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth
The Ety's are not falling asleep cans. They stick out too far so you can't lay on your side and I wouddn't want to subject them to the occasional strains of cord getting tugged/wrapped around things, etc.

its weird beause head-fi says the exact opposite:

" For that we recommend the Beyer DT250-80. But the best “bed” hadphone of all is the Etymotic ER4S. This incredible earplug headphone seals completely so your partner will hear absolutely nothing, and is so small that you can practically lie on your side and not feel it (you need a feather pillow to do this successfully)."

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 9
Try it yourself. Don't take my word for it!
wink.gif
etysmile.gif

Did you notice the word "practically?" Guess what that really means.

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 9
Sony EX71 are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used. I sleep with these in all the time, you can even sleep on your side and not feel them in at night and the tips stay on well enough that they won't fall out if/when they come out of your ears at night.

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, the EX 70/71s work as do most earbuds like the Senn MX-400s

Sep 14, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #9 of 9
I goes to sleep w/ my CD3K all the time. I just lay down, and usually take them off b/f sleeping. Ety-4s/4p is a bad choice since I don't find them totally comfortable. You will feel that there is something in your ears...and it should be inrritating while trying to sleep.

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back