Headphones to Enjoy "CLUB","TRANCE" Music !
Aug 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

augustya

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I am looking out for a Closed Ear Headphone (which entirely covers my ears) to listen to Club and Trance Music. Headphones with a very good, powerful BASS is what I am looking out for. Can anyone please suggest me one from the SENNHEISER family. How is Sennheiser HD-212 PRO. Does anyone have any feeback on it. How will it be to listen to this kind of music. My Budget is around $100. Any other Cheaper Headphones suggestions in Sennheiser.

Please suggest !

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 27
The Sennheiser HD 212 Pro are perfect for dance, trance, club etc. kind of
music, they've got a lot of bass and they're really good for the money in the
price range. I don't even see other competition than the Denon AH-D1001K's,
but as it was mentioned, you'd have to find those as used.

So my vote goes for the HD 212 Pro
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 27
hd212 pros probably have the strongest bass i've heard in any headphone (more than the dt770). i've read the k81dj's have a lot of bass too. neither are going to give you the best quality bass, but it looks like you're after quantity more than quality. personally, i'd go for the m-audio q40 or rp-21 in your situation, but i know you're trying to keep the cost low and those two headphones would necessitate the upper extreme of your budget.

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 27
Personally I'd strech that budget a little and consider the Ultrasone Pro 750. Its closed and circumaural, has very deep and well-controlled bass, and has that lively, punchy, fast signature that club/dance/trance needs.

A used pair can normally be had for around $200.

Oh and welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 27
For $100 budget HD212 pro is not a good choice...there are much better non-sennheiser headphones like Denon D1001 as said above.

They have a more refined bass whereas HD212 have a very Bloaty bass which is not tight.

Sep 1, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $100 budget HD212 pro is not a good choice...there was much better non-sennheiser headphones like Denon D1001 as said above.

They have a more refined bass whereas HD212 have a very Bloaty bass which is not tight.

Excuse me, but for a budget of $100, you can't get the Denons, they're $150 as new.

And about the bass, I'd say there's a lot of it, but I wouldn't describe it with such a negative word as "bloaty".
Some people even prefer such a powerful bass. For all I know, it fits club dance music very well.

It doesn't really help if people recommending say "A is good B is bad & vice versa".
We as helpers need to take into account tastes and possibilities..
And the guy wanted Sennheisers
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I'd strech that budget a little and consider the Ultrasone Pro 750. Its closed and circumaural, has very deep and well-controlled bass, and has that lively, punchy, fast signature that club/dance/trance needs.

A used pair can normally be had for around $200.

Oh and welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif

I would also add the Ultrasone HFI-780 which can be had for a bit less, though they need lots of burn-in hours (350+).

Sep 1, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 27
I echo Shahrose's suggestion of the M-audio Q40. You can get it for $100 (check ebay and amazon.com) and while they are wonderful across the board, I think they sound particularly great for electronica. They are my primary headphones. Shahrose also mentioned the Equation RP-21, but I would think you should consider the Rp22x from them instead, as it is supposed to be the "extended bass" version of the rp21. I've heard neither of these, however. Important note: Everyone who I have come across on here who has heard both the rp21 and the Q40 chooses the Q40 across the board, hence the reason I bought them. I did consider trying out the rp22x though, to be different and satisfy my curiosity. Not too many people have those.

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 27
Definately go for the Denons (AH-D1001k) which i got on buy.com for like $80 a week ago. They're not even totally burned-in, but still sound phenomenal. Not to mention their comfort and portability.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaawa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse me, but for a budget of $100, you can't get the Denons, they're $150 as new.

And about the bass, I'd say there's a lot of it, but I wouldn't describe it with such a negative word as "bloaty".
Some people even prefer such a powerful bass. For all I know, it fits club dance music very well.

It doesn't really help if people recommending say "A is good B is bad & vice versa".
We as helpers need to take into account tastes and possibilities..
And the guy wanted Sennheisers
wink.gif

Then he can buy HD205's ...they were my first Senns i bought early this year... they are rated much higher than HD212 as they are more detailed in mids.

they also have a Tighter bass & no doubt they look ten times better.
biggrin.gif

and their Bass is more emphasized in the Lowest ranges of 30-60 hz... whereas HD212 has more of 120 Hz emphasis which.

Oct 17, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 27
hi, i'm new to head-fi and am quite an amateur at headphones but i've used d Senn HD485's and since I primarily listen to electroninc (tiesto, pvd, infected, anjunabeats) I found those to be really upto d task...even d HD555's are really good though they might cost just above 100...tc

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #14 of 27
HD212 Pro are very bassy, and to my ears not a lot else. If you like car sub woofer sound, pick up a pair of the thumping Senns, there not terrible but they're not great. If you want a bassy sound with a fair bit more musical refinement, then listen to Acix and get a low end pair of Ultrasones, maybe DJ1's, dependent on what you can get them for in your part of the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back