Headphones to complement what I already have?
Mar 28, 2005 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

500+ Head-Fier
I currently have the HD595 and will soon pick-up the A900. While I love both of these headphones, I'm interested in trying out a different house sound and pick up something with a little different sound signature.

I'd prefer something open, and it has to be comfortable. No Grados/Alessandros, not only because of the comfort, but they're also a little too aggressive/fatiguing for me. I'd like something I can listen to for long sessions.

I've been looking at Beyerdynamics, but their vast array of phones and different sounds are pretty confusing. DT440 looks like it's fun, but I've read that it has a similar sound to the 595. The AKG 501 looks interesting, but just how light on the bass are they? I listen to a lot of vocal trance and trip-hop, so some bass is a necessity. (However, I will probably use the A900 for when I really want to get the beats pumping.)

I'd prefer to keep the budget to $150, but I suppose I can stretch it out to $200 if need be. They'll be driven out of a PIMETA, but it'd be nice if they can be driven adequately without an amp as well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back