Headphones to complement HD 800
Jul 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #17 of 18
What about the 560, are they worth considering or are they over hyped? I have read a few review that suggest they are better the Audeze Lcd X. I don't think I will have the chance to audition them and don't want to gloss over them if they actually do live up to the hype. 

Hifiman is quality builder. Definitely worth considering. You need to find a place that will allow you to audition headphones before committing to buying. I seem to remember several places that allowed you to do so remotely, but can't recall whom at the moment. Since you have the wa5, I would probably skip the 560 and just try the 6. Haven't read anything that says 560 better than the 6. As for 560 being better than lcd x, try to ignore the hype and listen for yourself. You need a good dealer who will allow you to audition. I forget if woo lets you, but I would check. Also, don't ignore that th900. IMO, better soundstage than pretty much all the magnolia planars and great overall sound for rock/pop. Also closed headphone option is nice for isolation even in the home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back