Headphones that suit my needs. I CANT FIND ANYTHING!! PLEASE HELP!!
Jun 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

jad5122

Head-Fier
Alright, so I kind of have some requirements before I can buy a pair of headphones. I want them to have good sound quality. I will be listening to hip hop, rap, and some dubstep. They also have to be pretty comfortable. And I have a galaxy note 2 so some features like volume control and a detachable cord would be nice. They can be over the ear, as long as they are somewhat portable. I will be using them at home, in the car, and some places on the go.

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 37
Welcome to head-fi
Sorry about your wallet.

There's no such thing as the perfect headphone for all your needs. 

I must presume you're about 15, maybe younger right?  A lot of people probably won't agree with me but I suggest you the Sennheiser Amperior or the V-moda M80. I liked the HD25ii, and supposedly the amperior (which is an improved version) is a lot better. Good looking headphones (but probably the amperior doesn't have the right amount of bass for you) with a decent price. Unfortunately for Android there are not many headphones with functional volume, but the cable in this models are detachable and comes with a mic. 

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_46890/Sennheiser-HD25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Silver-Refurbished-.html

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370120270&sr=8-1&keywords=vmoda+m80

Are you looking for something cheaper?

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 37
Have you considered the Noontec Zorro HD - they look good, sound better than Beats (I know, most everything does) Have phone controls and are relatively inexpensive.

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 37
Thanks for the replys!! I looked at all of the headphones you guys recommended. I really have no clue what to pick. But I do know I wont be getting those Zorro's, they are probably really nice, but they look like knock off beats lol I don't want that.

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 37
We need to know what price range you're looking at before we can suggest headphones for you.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #7 of 37
The V-Moda M100 has just about everything you're looking for. It's pretty efficient so you'll have little problem with volume on your note 2. It has good sound and bass for your prefered music genre and it also meet your other criteria like detachable cord, portability, etc.
Comfort is hit or miss so hopefully the new XL ear pads will solve that issue.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 37
To be honest I have no clue on price range. I have a $25 amazon gift card that could contribute to budget. I can spend maybe $200 at most probably, spending less would be preferred though. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 37
The Ultrasone HFI-780 is a great can at this price range. Small, portable, Folds up, comes with own little bag, and sounds great with a nice litte bass punch, but not bloated.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #11 of 37
+1 on the HFI-780's I have a pair of those as well.
Also look into the JVC HA-S500's they are an "Amazing" portable headphone with a great sound, good bass and are only $60 from Japan, you can get them through Amazon or eBay.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #13 of 37
There are a choice of cords on V-MODA's site that you can order if you need a different one. The Amazon ad should say which cord it comes with.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back