Headphones that sound like high-end KSC75??
Apr 20, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 67
Beyerdynamic DT880 sounds a lot like a high-end stock KSC75 to me. I haven't heard a modded KSC75.

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #17 of 67
We missed another one!! If we're talkin' high end KSC75s, and we all(well; some of us anyway)agree that MS-1 is close, but we're also talking nearly unlimited budget, then how could we possibly have missed the ultimate MS-1; the MS-Pro!!
rs1smile.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 67
i think my sig speaks for my search as well =)

i always thought the MS series were a bit bass-light since alessandro was technically a "grado" sound signature?

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #19 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think my sig speaks for my search as well =)

i always thought the MS series were a bit bass-light since alessandro was technically a "grado" sound signature?

Most Alessandro fans would counter that by saying that the phones are more true to life, with naturally tight and accurate bass, without being overpowering. I find the bass presentation of my MS2i to be remarkably similar to my HD600s.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #22 of 67
I just got the KSC75 and ITS AMAZING I can't believe it sound's this good for so cheap! I had listened to the Boses before and this thing sounds so much better! I'm also interested in maybe a bigger home version. Maybe the SR 225 is right up my alley.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh Interweb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the SR 225 is right up my alley.

If you're looking for (sometimes) painfully bright highs, light bass, smaller soundstage and a less forward midrange, yes they would be right up your alley.

How is the bass on the MS1 compared to the KSC75? I always had the impression the MS1 is one of the more bassier grado-type headphones out there, for whatever reason. I also got the impression the MS2i was on the bright side with lighter bass, and the MS-pro was somewhere inbetween. Is that about right? If so, the only one I think I would be interested in is the MS1. Another phone that peaks my interest is the PS1, but they are very hard to find and much to expensive for me to afford, even if I sell my stuff.

Apr 20, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #24 of 67
I've just looked up the Ergo 2 and from the reviews, I think I would love the sound. But how much do they cost, and how do you order them?

They plug into a 1/4" jack correct? And I could not find their specs at all. What is the impedance? Would my SP MPX3 SLAM be a good match for them? If not, my SLAM uses the adapters, so I can take them off and un-slam it if necessary.

The only thing that would potentially not be good about them from what I've read, is that it is hard to get them on "just right". Once you get it, is it easy to get them on from there on out? And how do they stay on your head, will they fall off with a tip of your head, or if I lean back? Thats something I did not like about the K1000.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #26 of 67
The MS1 is definitely bassier than the 225, but we may have totally different ears because I haven't heard a song yet that is too bright on the 225, but I am using a tube amp. And the 225 and KSC75 have almost exactly the same soundstage. The 225's bass is definitely less, but more defined. I would say the MS1 is much closer in bass to the KSC75 than the 225.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just looked up the Ergo 2 and from the reviews, I think I would love the sound. . . . And how do they stay on your head, will they fall off with a tip of your head, or if I lean back? Thats something I did not like about the K1000.

http://www.precide.ch/eng/eergo/ergo.htm

These are kind of hilarious. Are they for real? Only thing I can think of to beat these: I'm thinking I should mount some speakers on my head. Only thing is, I need a good mounting device. Maybe I'll get a motorcyle helmet, cut some big holes in it at each ear, then mount some speakers facing inward...100W minimum

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #28 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by electro house /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are kind of hilarious. Are they for real? Only thing I can think of to beat these: I'm thinking I should mount some speakers on my head. Only thing is, I need a good mounting device. Maybe I'll get a motorcyle helmet, cut some big holes in it at each ear, then mount some speakers facing inward...100W minimum

say goodbye to your cochlea
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by electro house /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just send a PM to Duggeh, I am sure he will have some pointers for you.

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #30 of 67
Another vote for the MS1!

Someone once described the MS1 as an "older, more mature version of the KSC35 (KSC75)" - not wrong there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back