Headphones that rock
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Randy Myers

100+ Head-Fier
I have tried a lot of headphones and love a lot of different types of music. Lately and especially at work I have been listening to a lot of rock. I found that many headphones were not especially adept at rock. However I have been blown away by the Abyss... Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Sound Garden, Sonic Raid, NIN, etc., have been very impressive. It is surprising that such a thin headphone can rock better than any I previously tried!

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 3
I have tried a lot of headphones and love a lot of different types of music. Lately and especially at work I have been listening to a lot of rock. I found that many headphones were not especially adept at rock. However I have been blown away by the Abyss... Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Sound Garden, Sonic Raid, NIN, etc., have been very impressive. It is surprising that such a thin headphone can rock better than any I previously tried!
I just bought a pair of Grado Hemps just to listen to rock, and I'm really digging them. They have really punchy bass, great up front mids for vocals. Highs are ever so slightly rolled off so cymbals and high-hats don't kill your ears but they still have lots of presence. I have Beyer T1s and Sennheiser HD600s for Classical music, and it's nice to be able to grab the Hemps when I'm in the mood to rock out.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Nice... I was not expecting the Abyss to rock out as good as they go. So very impressed with these cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back