Headphones that have more 'BASS' than the Sony XB500?
Jun 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 22
Get an amp

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #17 of 22
I tryed the XB500's and didn't like them, they seem to not play very loud and start to distort, and the bass seems more boomy than impactful.

Get a Sony MP3 player, with an optional LOD to something like an E11, then jack the Sony ClearBass bass boost, used this with my Klipsch Image S4's and Image ONE's and it was crazy.

Why has nobody said anything about the Pro 700MKII?

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
Dead wrong.

Quote:
pro 900's are poo they are not a basshead headphone they are a bass headphone the bass quantity of these is no where near xb's standards

I´m with Oregonian here, never heard a basshead phone like the Pro 900, they are crazy :xf_eek:

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 22
lol I dont know what your listening to then honestly the pro900's do not touch the xb1000's when it comes to bass but this is just me. the pro900's have good bass is very rounded full bass and it also saves you from going deaf as you dont and cant turn the headphones to max volume using an amp and they will distort and the drivers will rattle which is a very ugly experience the xb1000's amazing bass headphones the xb500's are also good have plenty of bass however lack soundstage mids and pretty much everything else these are simply booming bass headphones. everyone is entitled to there opinion however the pro900's are not for me and will be selling later on.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 22
PRO900, M100, D2000 etc all have better bass, but I don't think they have more bass than the XB500, haha I don't think its even close. If head banging bass is what you are after, just get a Z02 amp for your XB500. If you want smooth fast high quality bass, M100 or Pro900 all the way.  If you want an alternative that possibly has as much bass as XB500, but slightly better quality, check out the LP2 or Pro700MKII. Actually, I don't think I have heard any headphone that has more bass than the Pro700MKII lol. Those should be illegal. 

I prefer quality over quantity, after I got the M100, I haven't gone back to my XB500. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #21 of 22
PRO900, M100, D2000 etc all have better bass, but I don't think they have more bass than the XB500, haha I don't think its even close. If head banging bass is what you are after, just get a Z02 amp for your XB500. If you want smooth fast high quality bass, M100 or Pro900 all the way.  If you want an alternative that possibly has as much bass as XB500, but slightly better quality, check out the LP2 or Pro700MKII. Actually, I don't think I have heard any headphone that has more bass than the Pro700MKII lol. Those should be illegal. 

I prefer quality over quantity, after I got the M100, I haven't gone back to my XB500. 

lol I dont know what your listening to then honestly the pro900's do not touch the xb1000's when it comes to bass but this is just me. the pro900's have good bass is very rounded full bass and it also saves you from going deaf as you dont and cant turn the headphones to max volume using an amp and they will distort and the drivers will rattle which is a very ugly experience the xb1000's amazing bass headphones the xb500's are also good have plenty of bass however lack soundstage mids and pretty much everything else these are simply booming bass headphones. everyone is entitled to there opinion however the pro900's are not for me and will be selling later on.

I see you like the wub wub wub, the glub glub glub, and the blub blub blub. 

I think you probably have the phone for quantity. Maybe ultrasones might do it. 

The Pro 900's have better quality bass, with more detail and texture. The XB500's have more quantity relative to the other frequencies, though. The XB500's are already ridiculously far from neutral, so if you want more bass you'll have to use equalization. Find a headphone that does bass well like the Pro 900's and turn down the mids and treble (instead of turning up the bass).

pro 900's are poo they are not a basshead headphone they are a bass headphone the bass quantity of these is no where near xb's standards

Can we safely assume there is a difference between quality and quantity when it comes to bass?...

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Can we safely assume there is a difference between quality and quantity when it comes to bass?...

The difference is if you actually want to be able to follow a bassline as it was recorded or if you just want ear massage..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back