Headphones that can get a little wet? $100-250 range
Aug 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MichaelJames99

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking for an over the ear closed or open headphone (prefer closed).

What I am doing is watching a lot of movies while using my elliptical machine.  I don't work up a huge amount of sweat but do sweat some.  Maybe a headphone that has pleather pads or some other water resistant material.  I will also be using these to watch movies when I'm not on the elliptical.

I was thinking of Hifiman 500's, Kef M500  but not sure on the materials....Thoughts?

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 8
I'd repurchase my Bose AE2. Great for movies, extremely sweat resistant, and the comfort is incredible. As of typing this, I've had mine on for 17 hours in an extremely hot basement (cue neckbeard alert) and they're as weightless and comfortable as ever.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the suggestion.  Anyone else want to chime in here?  Could I put a leather protective spray over the top of the ear cushions on a HIFIMAN 400?

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm trying to get a large surround soundstage (or illusion of it), good amount of bass.. do IEM's offer that?

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 8
I highly recommend KRK KNS 8400. I have used them for working out and watching TV shows at the same time. Great comfort and isolation.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm using a SoundBlaster Recon3D surround processor for the headphones to watch movies in surround while I'm on the elliptical and in my main living room so I don't wake up the wife on the other side of the wall.  Any of these have a good sound stage for doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back