Headphones that also allow natural hearing of external sound-i.e- zero isolation
Nov 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bio-Rhythm

100+ Head-Fier
Hey ,

As the thread title says I'm looking for some full size headphones that  allow as close as possible to natural hearing of external sound-i.e- zero isolation.

I wear headphones a lot, including when I'm out and about . At the moment I use sennheiser px100-II .When you place these headphones on your hears their is virtually no noticeable difference in sound isolation .Thus any music i listen to blends in with any other sounds in my environment .

I'm wanting this same openness though with a full size headphone . I can only ask for advice here because it's very difficult to gauge weather a headphone is fully open or not .Some that are sold as open still may have some isolation properties .

No guessing please, only direct experience with headphones you own .

Which are fully open?

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 3
ok thus far I can think of grado's that offer a very open sound .I do have some SR80's and though they are ok their a little more colored then I'd prefer .

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 3
Sony mdr f1, if you can find one. The most open and also nice sounding headphone ever. Its follow up: sony mdr ma 900 also open desing, but no so nice than the original concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back