Headphones stores in/near Toronto?
Oct 17, 2007 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
preferably places that let you try out headphones

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 11
Another vote for Bay Bloor Radio. They have a nice selection of Grado headphones, from the SR60s to the GS1. They also have a few AKGs and Sennheisers. Be prepared to pay a premium for these phones though. :/

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksliver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive heard of the store but can you try them out there?

Yeah they have a wall of headphones...lots of grados, sennheisers, a few akgs and a sprinkle of bose. You might need to find a sales associate to turn on the music...most of the time its not playing.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 11
heh im in the same boat as Mysteek, id love to go to bay bloor radio but its downtown and I live in the suburbs, anything else in the area?

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vDrag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just curious if anyone knows of one in vancouver?

There is a place called Hi Fi Center right in the middle of downtown (on Seymour somewhere), they are much more focused on speakers than 'phones but they have the full gamut of Grados and an X-CAN/X-DAC in there, and are more than happy if you ask to test stuff. I honestly don't know about any places in Van with bigger selection than that... if anyone does, please post them here as I'd love that info as well!

This is a great thread, i'm fairly close to Toronto and I'll make an effort to check this place out if I'm ever over there on break or a long weekend or something...

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Yeah they have a wall of headphones...lots of grados, sennheisers, a few akgs and a sprinkle of bose. You might need to find a sales associate to turn on the music...most of the time its not playing.

or you can also ask them to unplug it and listen it through your portable amp *main reason why I bought an amp with 2 gain settings, places/things might come up
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back