Headphones stopped working properly
Oct 2, 2017 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hd101

New Head-Fier
I had purchased the NAD Viso HP50 a few months ago and was really enjoying the headphones until today, when the right side of my headphone suddenly started to be really quiet compared to the left side. It just started to happen so suddenly and I'm quite upset about it as it's less than a year old. It isn't completely broken since there is still music coming out but just really quiet.

I guess I have no option but to return it to the manufacturer but does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem and is it a common problem? I'm going to be without headphones for a while now...

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 7
I had purchased the NAD Viso HP50 a few months ago and was really enjoying the headphones until today, when the right side of my headphone suddenly started to be really quiet compared to the left side. It just started to happen so suddenly and I'm quite upset about it as it's less than a year old. It isn't completely broken since there is still music coming out but just really quiet.

I guess I have no option but to return it to the manufacturer but does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem and is it a common problem? I'm going to be without headphones for a while now...

Have you tried another headphone out of the same device? Just making sure you ruled that out and know for sure it's the headphones.

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Ah bummer, sound dropping out on one side is often an issue with the cable. While listening to music try pushing the cable in and out at the point it enters the ear cup, and maybe gently twisting it 30-60 degrees. If you hear static and such while doing that it's likely the cable and some bad solder joint in there.

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Ah bummer, sound dropping out on one side is often an issue with the cable. While listening to music try pushing the cable in and out at the point it enters the ear cup, and maybe gently twisting it 30-60 degrees. If you hear static and such while doing that it's likely the cable and some bad solder joint in there.
I haven't tried what you suggested but I have used the same cable on another headphone and that headphone works fine also, so the cable doesn't seem to be the problem.

Oct 2, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 7
Not sure what the problem could be but when I slapped the headphones the right side now appears to be louder than the left so it seems like there might be something loose inside.

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 7
Maybe it's the solder at the point where the internal wire connects to the driver. Sounds like you need to send it back for replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back