Headphones sound like Koss PortaPro, sensory issues
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zirap

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know if there are any headphones that has a similar sound to Koss PortaPro but is over-ear headphones and not on-ear?
I have extremely bad sensory issues and have tried a lot of headphones on the market but nothing has worked at all. I am using a sound equalizer to shut off the high frequencies and max the bass and it helps for sure, but not enough! So, if anyone knows any headphones that naturally lacks in the high frequencies and has bass I would really appreciate some tips!
Basically headphones what is considered bad sound = good for me.

So far I have tried these headphones: Bose QC35, Bose Soundlink, Sony WH-H900, Sennheiser 599, Razer Kraken, ATH50x, ATH20x.

It's a major problem for me that I can't use any headphones at all so I am really hopeful you can give me some recommendations, thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 2
I have extremely bad sensory issues and have tried a lot of headphones on the market but nothing has worked at all. I am using a sound equalizer to shut off the high frequencies and max the bass and it helps for sure, but not enough! So, if anyone knows any headphones that naturally lacks in the high frequencies and has bass I would really appreciate some tips!

Audeze LCD-2 Classic

I have extremely bad sensory issues and have tried a lot of headphones on the market but nothing has worked at all. I am using a sound equalizer to shut off the high frequencies and max the bass and it helps for sure, but not enough!

What equalizer are you using and with what device exactly?

If you're using an Android phone as a music server/player with just locally stored FLAC etc Neutron Music Player has a low shelf and high shelf filter that will cut or boost anything below or above your designated "center" frequency, with gradually fading effect to the frequencies to the opposite side of that center frequency. So for example if you set a low shelf boost of 4dB at 80hz, Q=1.4, 80hz and below get +4dB, then above 80hz you start getting less and less than +4dB. Set that to a high shelf cut (and only to this for something that doesn't have a peak in the treble which will remain a peak sticking out) and your 4dB cut at 4000hz will mean 4000hz and above will get -4dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back