Headphones so good you will want to touch
Jan 4, 2007 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

HalfTwitch

New Head-Fier
I_love_music_by_NoDate.jpg

I saw that on deviantart today and knew where it would be taken care of :wink:

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 24
Possibly NSFW. Please link the image. Thank you.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 24
wow =O, what model are those? They fit rather snuggly...

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really see what's NSFW about it. No worse than a woman in a bikini.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really see what's NSFW about it. No worse than a woman in a bikini.

Yes, but considering how "polite" and "family friendly" this place is supposed to be, I think the image is possibly NSFW by Head-Fi's standards. Similarly, I think things like nikongod's crotch shot should be linked. Also, I believe there's a difference in taste between a woman in a bikini and a naked woman covering up the focal points of her body with certain objects (Yes, you could argue that a bikini is also an "object," but there's a difference in taste). For example, would a woman lying down on the beach in a bikini be the same as a naked woman on the beach with only 3 vacuum tubes on her covering her two nipples and her hoo-hoo?

Nice picture, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

What does NSFW mean? I'm assuming "Not suited for ????" What's the W? So many abbreviations used here, find myself guessing a lot of them. Is there a glossary of them on here somewhere?

But what about all the avatars on here similar to the OP's posted pic?

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does NSFW mean? I'm assuming "Not suited for ????" What's the W? So many abbreviations used here, find myself guessing a lot of them. Is there a glossary of them on here somewhere?

But what about all the avatars on here similar to the OP's posted pic?

Not Safe For Work. Though it also implies not safe for home/family environment, etc.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Yes, but considering how "polite" and "family friendly" this place is supposed to be, I think the image is possibly NSFW by Head-Fi's standards. Similarly, I think things like nikongod's crotch shot should be linked. Also, I believe there's a difference in taste between a woman in a bikini and a naked woman covering up the focal points of her body with certain objects (Yes, you could argue that a bikini is also an "object," but there's a difference in taste). For example, would a woman lying down on the beach in a bikini be the same as a naked woman on the beach with only 3 vacuum tubes on her covering her two nipples and her hoo-hoo?

Nice picture, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Where do you want the line to be drawn then? I can think of far worse than the above image getting past, so it strikes me as a bit of an overreaction.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by saber8689 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow =O, what model are those? They fit rather snuggly...

that would be the Philips SBC-HP800

my colleague who sits next to me has one
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Where do you want the line to be drawn then? I can think of far worse than the above image getting past, so it strikes me as a bit of an overreaction.

I think this is a good line. I can think of far worse than the above getting past as well, but that doesn't mean that those images should mark the line.

Of course, if I'm the only one that feels this way then it doesn't matter.

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

You crazy New Zealander!
wink.gif
Don't you realize that here in America, the entire nation goes into catatonic shock with a Superbowl nipple flash?
biggrin.gif
Seriously though, I would honestly get funny looks from my boss if he saw me looking at that picture. He's pretty cool, so he wouldn't do anything, but if I were viewing this at work I would have quickly hit the "back" arrow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would be the Philips SBC-HP800

my colleague who sits next to me has one
biggrin.gif

Are these the same as the ones in DieInAFire's avatar?

In any case, nice photo.

And let's please not turn this thread into a debate on decency. I think a good compromise would be to add "Potentially NSFW" in the thread title. That way, the photo can stay in the thread and people will have some clue before opening the thread.

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these the same as the ones in DieInAFire's avatar?

In any case, nice photo.

And let's please not turn this thread into a debate on decency. I think a good compromise would be to add "Potentially NSFW" in the thread title. That way, the photo can stay in the thread and people will have some clue before opening the thread.

Yes, do that, and watch the "Views" count soar.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #15 of 24
You know... Pictures like that, make you wonder. Who in the heck actually takes them?? Now there's a job I would be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back