Headphones Similar to the Yuin PK3
Feb 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ben7337

100+ Head-Fier
I am wondering if anyone knows of an headphones that are in the same earbud style and of similar quality to the pk3's that cost less than $49, my pk3's are only about 5 months old but they are nearing death as the copper wire that they initially exposed a few months into use has once again become visible and even with electrical tape will break eventually, so I was wondering if anyone knows of similar headphones as I got a group buy and payed $25 for my pk3's but $50 for headphones that I hardly pay attention to most of the time seems excessive, all I know is I want better quality than $10 sony 828's and I cannot even imagine the horror of going back to ever using iPod earbuds as those were so horrible to listen to I just couldn't bear it.

I do NOT want IEM's or full cans (though I don't think there are any decent full headphones for under $50 anyway), however if someone knows of iem headphones that don't make it so one's own breath sounds louder than the surrounding noises one is trying to block out I might consider those, but I don't see the point in blocking out other people if I hear myself breathing loudly constantly instead.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 3
breath softer?

jkjk...

try to buy a used pk3? the PK series are basically one of the only earbuds that folks here on headfi consider to be good quality...

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 3
well my current ones can probably survive a bit longer and I can wait for another group buy, it isn't like they are having sound issues and if they do die I could live with sony 828's I guess temporarily(which it would be as those things last 3 months max before the right earbud dies) but thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back