Headphones similar to Shure srh750dj in terms of bass
Mar 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

boonh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new and want to get some suggestion from here.

I owned Shure srh750dj and really liked its bass response and clarity, but the comfort was terrible so I sold it and got a ATH-M50s instead.  However, the bass and even the clarity of M50s is not really impressive compared with 750dj, where M50s is amped (ibasso T3) while 750dj unamped.

Now I'm looking for some headphones which are very similar to 750dj in terms of its bass response. I'm not sure whether it is quality or quantity? I'm also considering Ultrasone ones because they are said to have both good clarity in Mid/High ranges and impressive bass, but I'm not sure how they are compared with 750dj. Or any other brands?

Many thanks.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Have you considered the Pioneer HDJ line? Decent headphones with that u signature. The HFI580's are also highly recommended on head fi, for that kind of response, but I've never had the chance to have a detailed listen to them.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Since I didn't try so many different headphones, can someone give me some idea about the bass of 750dj? Is it about good quality or quantity? Will Beyerdynamic dt770 pro-80 offer similar bass as 750dj?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #7 of 8
M-Audio Q40 is also one to concider, superb bass response quality (both has quantity and quality) that doesn't affect the midrange or highs. Neutral, clear mids & highs. Pads are cheap though but can be swapped for example Beyerdynamic DT770 replacement pads (leather or velour).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back