Headphones similar to Image X10's...
Jan 6, 2009 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

GosuEric

Head-Fier
With less bass and a bit better mids? I guess the X5's would probably fit that description, but with the SCL4's for $80 at GC, I wonder if I'd like them better?

I like the Image X10's generally, though they seem a bit too bassy for my liking.

Any suggestions? I'd probably sell my 10's to help fund my new headphones.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 13
I honestly don't think that the X10's are THAT bassy. Sure, they are capable to be extremely bassy. I think it is a perfect balance beween bass and treble, its was enough that it made me not wish for more like my shure se110.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 13
x5's have a lot less bass than x10s. It's a little bit more than the er-6i imo. X5's have very forward mids. I'd recommend the sf5pros from your criteria but they're considerably more expensive and I was never the biggest fan.

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 13
UE 5pros

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE 5pros

ue sf5pro over x10? I'm not sure.. I've got both and I find x10 overall with a better sq. sf5pro are by no means bad but they sound 'dull' to me. x10 are more lively, pulsating, more ballanced and with a better soundstage.
And I don't find x10 bassy at all btw, Sennheiser IE8 or UE Triple.fi 10 are much more 'bass heavy'.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 13
In my experience with the X10, how deep you insert them into the ear canal makes a huge difference on the bass quantity and the midrange presence, as well as in the treble amount. To my ears it's preferable using big tips to avoid deep insertion but still getting proper seal, than using smaller tips needing deep insertion to get proper seal. When doing this bass gets overwhelming obscuring the midrange and making the treble too smooth and recessed.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePandemonium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly don't think that the X10's are THAT bassy. Sure, they are capable to be extremely bassy. I think it is a perfect balance beween bass and treble, its was enough that it made me not wish for more like my shure se110.

this guy/gal makes a very good point, having a set of phones that is capable of big bass does not mean its too bassy, it just means you can crank up the lows and it can handle it, this is what makes a good set of phones.

the e4c will have less bass than the X10's and you may very well love the sound but you wont be able to crank the lows like the X10's because the e4c's might not cope as well.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePandemonium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X2

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ue sf5pro over x10? I'm not sure.. I've got both and I find x10 overall with a better sq. sf5pro are by no means bad but they sound 'dull' to me. x10 are more lively, pulsating, more ballanced and with a better soundstage.
And I don't find x10 bassy at all btw, Sennheiser IE8 or UE Triple.fi 10 are much more 'bass heavy'.

I think he is asking which headphone is similar to Image x10 and I said UEsf5pro...not over...I use Image x10 for about half a year now and very impressed with it...but I found UE 5 similar to X10...

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my experience with the X10, how deep you insert them into the ear canal makes a huge difference on the bass quantity and the midrange presence, as well as in the treble amount. To my ears it's preferable using big tips to avoid deep insertion but still getting proper seal, than using smaller tips needing deep insertion to get proper seal. When doing this bass gets overwhelming obscuring the midrange and making the treble too smooth and recessed.

X1, I normally insert deeply into my ear canal and pull out a lil bit slightly...much more balanced sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back