headphones similar to creative ep 365
Sep 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

groundnuty

New Head-Fier
Hey,
For past ~7 years i used Creative EP635 headphones. In that period I have managed lost or break few of them :)
Now I see that this model might finally get discontinued and I started to consider buying something else. 

Here are things that I loved about ep635 and definately would like to see them in my new headphones:
* short cable - it was exactly almost the length of my torso :) (I'm a short guy) I could wear cellphone on my belt (or ipod shuffle few years ago) and there was never too much cable!
* a 
neck strap - I wear them in the morning under my shirt and forget about them until they are needed. Also I can just use one headphone, let other loose and they will not fall off
* good noise isolation - the middle size of 3 supplied 
earbuds fit me very well and in my opinion the isolation was very decent
* I'm no audiophile - the quality of sound used with ipod shuffle and later android cellphones seems fine to me.

The low price of this model also made it an expendable item of every day use - if it stopped working after a year or two i can buy another.

Recently since I use my headphones only with my android phone I decided that having a microphone and a 'take a call button' on the headphones i pretty comfortable. 

So ideally I'm looking for headhones short cable, neck strap, good noise isolation, comparable audio quality, microphone and 'take a call button'. 

So far I havent found a single model like that.
I started to consider leaving out the requirements of short cable and neck strap and perform 'recabling' or try to manually made a neck strap and adjust cable with some string.

Thx in advance for all comments and advices :)

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 9
The philips she 3590 are better in comfort, build quality and much much better in sound. They cost about the same too. I've got both, though don't know where the creatives are, though I've got loads of pairs of philips 3590 headphones...

Sep 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 9
I do appreciate all the suggestions, but all the phones listed have a typical cable length.
If I drop
neck strap and cable length req. then I can go for any cheap headphones with good isolation - kinda not what I wanted :frowning2:.

@CantScareMe I tried using creative Ma330 (basically EP-630 with mic) and lack of neck strap is a drastic drop in comfort/usability.

If nobody has any suggestions about neck strap models, maybe something about short cable ones? 
0.6m was perfect for me, anything more is just useless wire that gets in a way.

Thx for all the suggestions - much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back