Headphones similar to B&W P5s for under $150
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hay112

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, in a perfect world I would be rich or the B&W P5s would be cheaper, sadly neither one is happening soon.  Anyway I work from coffee shops often and would like something that is similar to the P5s in terms of size(portability), isolation, comfort, and obviously sound.  I understand that I'm not going to get the same thing for under $150 but I want to get close.  I almost purchased the Creative Aurvana Live's a week back when they were $60 online everywhere but hesitated because of the lack of isolation.
I'm open for suggestions.  Thanks in advance

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Momentums are 200 right now refurbished on amazon.

The Phiaton MS400 just was on sale for 139 the other day good choice, but different sound sig with more bass impact and a little more emphasis.

The Philips Uptown I also have and are comfy and portable (sadly don't fold but durable) and have been $65 shipped from Bens for over a month now. Again more bass emphasis and a darker sound than the P5

The HD25-1 ii which is going to be a closer sound sig with better bass extension and impact is going to sound better than the P5 imo. It can easily be found for $150.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Momentums are 200 right now refurbished on amazon.
The Phiaton MS400 just was on sale for 139 the other day good choice, but different sound sig with more bass impact and a little more emphasis.
The Philips Uptown I also have and are comfy and portable (sadly don't fold but durable) and have been $65 shipped from Bens for over a month now. Again more bass emphasis and a darker sound than the P5
The HD25-1 ii which is going to be a closer sound sig with better bass extension and impact is going to sound better than the P5 imo. It can easily be found for $150.

Yeah the HD25s were my next choice but I really wanted something a tad more portable.  Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back