Headphones Shoot-out - Championship Round (final 2) - VOTE NOW
Jun 21, 2008 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

rgoodnight

Head-Fier
All right guys, it's down to the last two cans.

[size=large]GO HERE[/size] to see the finalists and vote for your favorite.

Thank you all for participating, we had a few hundred votes over the last 4 rounds (qualifying, 16, 8, 4).

Winner will be announced tomorrow.

The winning headphone will earn the coveted "HeadFi's Favorite Can" title and a possible increase of up to 1.32% in resale value.

In case the winning headphone is not able to fulfill its duties as champion, the first runner-up will take over.

For the next year's competition, I am also planning a night gown and a swimsuit event
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 12
The Stax and Senn are dead even, but with only 16 votes total so far (we had 130+ votes in the round of four).

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 12
Senns HD650 IMO. Though i'm not a huge fan of either.

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 12
Of course the SR-007IIs are superior, they're in two seperate leagues.

HD650s are awesome headphones but they come nowhere close to the fidelity of a properly amped SR-007II (IMO, of course).

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 12
I take the price etc, into account though when considering what 'the best' heapdhone is.

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voted for HD650

btw..this is a competition for the Most popular and favourite headphone, not the best headphone

so vote correctly

No it's not. This competition has nothing to do with popularity. It simply says vote for your favorite.

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #10 of 12
Even amped with a Stax amp, the 007 is leagues ahead of the 650. It honestly is not close at all. I can only imagine how they sound properly amped. (And remember that the HD650 is my fave dynamic headphone)

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it's not. This competition has nothing to do with popularity. It simply says vote for your favorite.

Well, there is a relationship between popularity and favorite headphone IMO. This is not a shoot-out for the best headphone in the world - which would be hard to do give that most people haven't heard most of the top contenders AND there's no general agreement on what's the best sound.

For me the combination of price/performance is what I was after. A good all-around performer than most people on this forum can afford and use everyday. The BMW 3-Series of the headphone world - if you will.

To me Senn HD650, Grado RS 1, and the Beyerdynamic DT880 are like the BMW M3, Audi RS4, and Mercedes AMG of the headphone world. I was surprised to see the Stax take the place of the AKG 701 (perhaps the Porsche Cayman in this analogy.) The Stax is more like a Ferrari, in a different league, but hey - votes are votes.

Speaking of which, please vote if you haven't already. I'd hate to call a winner with less than 100 votes ... and it's still pretty close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back