Headphones Shocking my Ear
Jan 26, 2013 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BASGTA

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everybody. So the other day I was wearing my ATH900s laying down doing some crunches. Laying on a particularly fuzzy and static-y blanket. When I got up and my feet touched the floor I got a rather large zap to my right ear. Now whenever I'm wearing the headphones and stand up I get small zaps to my right ear.

Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it?

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 8
It is just static moving to the outside of the conductor material on the headphone.  The only way to avoid it is to avoid static or cover the metal with some insulating material.

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 8
Heard it happening to sum1 with the HE-500 too

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 8
It is just static moving to the outside of the conductor material on the headphone.  The only way to avoid it is to avoid static or cover the metal with some insulating material.

Okay, but it never happened before the first time, and now it happens all the time. Can you explain what has changed?

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 8
The air in your place has gotten drier because it's winter. You can buy a humidifier and it will help.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 8
My MDRV6 would do that at the plug when I used it into the receiver to watch TV or movies.  I had the Grado extension plugged into the denon receiver, stretched that cable out over the carpet to the couch where I was sitting.  I tucked the Sony plug into my belt loop, to get it out of the way.  One time I felt a sharp stinging sensation when the plug touched my stomach a little.  It was VERY noticeable too... not subtle at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back