Headphones & related gear, what do you carry?
Oct 30, 2005 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Spiritboxer

1000+ Head-Fier
Couldn't decide what I wanted to listen to yesterday and I ended up leaving the house with my iPod, two IEM's, a UM2 & a ER6i and a pair of modded Porta Pro's in case I wanted someone else to listen to what a headphone sounded like amped. Yeah, I had a PA2V2 with me as well to enhance the Ety's. Used to be I couldn't decide what to wear, now I have to hassle with what I'm going to listen to as well.
rolleyes.gif
Hey, my friends think it's extremely amusing until they listen to the amped PP's and I'm in sonic heaven. How much stuff are *you* dragging around?
Whoops, forgot to mention cables, a sik din and a 6" Cardas Mini to Mini.
eek.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 20
Untill now I have a very light, no-nonsense, setup--> e3c+x5 30gb. But yesterday I brought my ms-1's to a friend's house too so that he could hear the difference between his headphone--> some sennheiser which cost him 25 euro's.
Maybe I will buy a portable amp in the future, but for today my portable setup sounds good enough for me.

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 20
I usually take my iHP-120 + SuperMacro-3 and my UE10 with me; while the UE10 are gone for refit I use my Etys again. At the moment I wear the dap and the amp on my belt but I have to admit it's a bit bulky. Ever since I own the SM3 I'm a bit hesitant to use my portable rig on the go, but I take it with me anyways.
Actually an additional bag might be the solution, but it feels like it's limiting the portability - schizophrenic
wink.gif

I'm curious Spiritboxer, how do you carry all your stuff around? Do you use a bag like the Headroom ones?

Marcus

Oct 30, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 20
iPod, Lineout, 4" IC, cMoy, IEM's and now my SRF-S84 Radio in a G-Star "Man Bag".

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusH
I'm curious Spiritboxer, how do you carry all your stuff around? Do you use a bag like the Headroom ones?

Marcus

I have over twenty different carriers ranging from backbacks and shoulder rigs to carryall camera bags. My fav right now is a brown leather Canyon Case from Coronado Leather http://www.coronadoleather.com/browse.aspx?c=3&n=513678 . It's a well made, medium size shoulder bag and I can even fit the HD 25-1's in there along with my other gear. I have it in black as well, I tend to overdo everything.
eek.gif
Hmm, looks like that model is discontinued, closest match would be the Sonoma Carry with a leather strap.

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 20
I just cleaned out my briefcase (dell laptop bag, really). I had accumulated:

Apple ti-book (loaded w/ 400 or so CDs)
nano with E4c in a small pelican box (workout rig)
Ety ER4s (serious listening and engine diagnostic work)
Xin supermacro V1
Cables galore, including a bnc to mini cable
A pair of sen pcx-250, I use them in my truck on occasion

...and that was just the music related clutter. Sometimes I also stuff in a Grace amp and take it to work. No wonder my shoulder has been bothering me.

gerG

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 20
I light to travel light (since my purse is already weighed down) so I usually only grab my DAP and ER6's. Sometimes I bring my Xen SuperMini.
I hope to get a smaller DAP soon as the Karma is a bit bulky and I tend to leave it behind often as a result.

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 20
Zen Xtra + one of my IEMs. If I have my backpack, I have MX500's in there as well. They come out when someone wants to hear something I'm listening to or if I find myself in a situation where I'm not comfortable with the isolation provided by IEMs.

Oct 30, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 20
Sony Mz-E75 M.D. Player, Portaphile V2 which fit in a case logic beltstrapped camera bag. Ety ER4P/S, ATH-EW9's and modded Portapro's. The extra MiniDiscs and the cans fit in an additional small tool bag. Oh and a CMoy for good measure. I gues having options outweighs portability for me.

Oct 30, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 20
Yeah, my biggest dilemma in the morning is what headphones to wear in to uni...KSC-75s or 35s are what I normally use (can never decide between them either), but HF-1s for full-on bliss mode, DT770s if it's cold and I need earmuffs, E888s if I want something that I can wear in lectures to play Boards of Canada in the background, EP630s if I want to be able to walk in without being bothered by other people's noise, E2Cs if I really want to be on my own...bleh.

Oct 30, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 20
I try to keep it as simple and small as possible. I have a little padded Case Logic case with my teensy Sandisk flash DAP, an altoids tin full of AAA batteries, an armband, KSC-75s, and the Ety er-6i in its leather pouch. Several days worth of high quality audio in a package that fits in a large pocket. Next addition to this rig might be a Xin Supermicro.

Oct 30, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #14 of 20
Its all about simplicity. Ipod to Grado HF-1s (In Route) or ER-4s. With my older Grados, I would usually use those unless the surroundings didn't allow me in which case I switched to the Etys which are so small it isn't a hassle to carry. I just bought a Grado Travel case, so hopefully I can see how that comes out and if I can fit my Etys in there as well.
etysmile.gif

Good thread I might add. I was thinking about getting an amp (well untill I decided ont he HF-1). Yet, I worried that it would be impossible to carry around all this stuff in my pockets, which is what I currently do when I don't have my backpack. How can you listen to a DAP with an amp? I would think I would actually have to stop open up a bag and set up my rig for half an hour b4 I could start hearing music. Now how I want to go. But, good to hear what solutions people might have came up with for these.

Oct 30, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #15 of 20
RF-B11 in a small plastic bag (to fend off scratches, worked well so far) plus K26P in its carrying bag, that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back