Headphones question..
Jul 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

AwesomeAudrey

New Head-Fier
hey guys, im new to the forum and the entire headphones world but if someone could help me with a question i have that would be great.

im not really a serious headphones user, i mostly just use them for listening to music on like public transit and stuff like that, but lately ive wanted to move on from my Ipod headphones. i've been seeing a lot of people around wearing bigger headphones but i have no idea what kinds they are, and which ones are the good ones. of course my friends have no idea either.

so, my question is, if you were to get headphones other than ear-buds that sound really good but are just for a casual music listener, which ones would you get? any help would be great, thanks!

-Audrey

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 28
Do you mean portable, or full size headphones?

For portable, it's hard to go wrong with the sennheiser PX-100 (disclaimer: I have a new pair for sale on the forum). But even if I didn't I'd still say they were good all around portable headphones. Koss KSC75 are also really great, especially for the price at which you can usually get them.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 28
I would recommend the Koss KSC75. They are really not headphones but clipons/sportsclip. They go over the ear and hang on your ear. If you want a headphone that has a band that goes over the head, I would suggests the sennheiser PX 100 or even the cheaper JVC HA-S150 "Flats." Another recommendation is the sennheiser hd-201. You can enter these headphones in the forum search function and see the strengths and weaknesses of each. (KSC75, PX100, JVC Flats, & HD-201)

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkii21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another recommendation is the sennheiser hd-201. You can enter these headphones in the forum search function and see the strengths and weaknesses of each. (KSC75, PX100, JVC Flats, & HD-201)

I would recommend the HD202 instead of HD201. HD201 needs an amp to "shine", so HD202 will sound much better out of a mp3 player. Actually, I think HD202 is a good choice.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 28
For earbuds that sound better than the stock apple buds, I would recommend the Yuin PK3. These are made in China and I don't think they are found in brick and mortar stores (online only?). I use the PK3s in a portable setup. They sound very nice. They are about $40. The "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" forum has reviews of these types of earbuds.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 28
The OP says you might use these on public transport. Any open earbud, clip-on, portable or full size headphone, will not isolate the outside noise and you might struggle (or blast out your ears) to hear your music. (Like the Senn PX100, Koss Sportapro, Yuin PK3, etc.)

I suggest you look at the NuForce NE-7M -- one of THE best in-ear earphone you can get for $50. Big rich sound and very decent outside noise isolation -- I use mine when mowing, vacuuming, and can hear the hum, but my music is completely clear, even at a modestly low volume level.

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 28
The CX-300 from Sennheiser sound pretty good and isolate pretty well too. They are cheap and I would think are probably available at Best Buy. Not sure how they stack up against the others in its price range, but they would definitely be a big step up from the iBuds.

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back