Headphones plus maybe an amp (only if needed)
Feb 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JesperZ

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm new on this forum so bare with me if this has already been asked for. Although I did search, I couldn't find anything I could use for my exact situation, so I'm hoping you can help me
smily_headphones1.gif

I currently have a Grado SR80 headphone, but I'm beginning to miss the lack of a punchy bassline instead of that flat but very defined bass. I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic card for my pc, so I don't know if my new headphones will need an amp. The X-Fi has no problems powering up my grados. I will only be using the new headphones with my pc, and I will mainly be listening to hardstyle, but It'll also be used for movies and a little bit of gaming, so they don't have to be closed headphones although I've heard closed headphones have more punchy bass. The thing is, I really like the grados mid and high range, and I don't wanna compensate that in a new pair of headphones, so good mids and highs are an absolute must. And of course, I want there to be a huge difference from my current headphones so I won't regret spending $ on something with different but generally equal sound. My budget is topping $300, but I live in Europe so if I have to import from the USA then taxes has to be taken into account (usually like +25% of product price).

I really hope someone here will be able to help. I've been googling for hours, and I finally found this board. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back