Headphones" Playing favorites and the middle-child
Jul 14, 2005 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kent1146

100+ Head-Fier
Have you ever bought a pair of headphones with the full intention of trying them out, then selling them... only to like them so much that you keep them?

Do you ever keep a pair of headphones that you really have no use for, except you can't bring yourself to part with them?

Do you find yourself "creating" situations for headphones that you don't need, but really want to keep?

I bought a pair of A900's to try out a sound other than Grado and Sennheiser. I don't need them (I have HD600's for home use, Ety 4S for portable use), but I can't bring myself to sell them. So I "invented" some use for them. They are currently my "portable home-use" headphones. Like if I wanted to get up and sit in another room, I bring the A900's.

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 9
All the time, I think that's Head-Fi nature...
e4cs for portable isolation er-6i with ultra-soft flex sleeves for portable semi-isolation, er-4s for portable-as-in-out-of-the-house-but-not-moving isolation...

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 9
lmao, my grados are my travel home use. So if i go on vacation these replace my SA1Ks job, and my eggos stay as my travel portable.

Meaning, if at the hotel room, or my house in florida, I use my grados.

If I'm in the car or somthing i use my eggos in general.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 9
Yeah I bought my MS2 for $155 used and had NO intention to keep. Planning on reselling for a nice little proffit. Well guess what... still got em' and they're my favorite can.

Garrett

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yeah I bought my MS2 for $155 used and had NO intention to keep. Planning on reselling for a nice little proffit. Well guess what... still got em' and they're my favorite can.

Garrett

HOw in the world did you get the MS2 for $155? Let the rest of us in on your secret. Did you pay someone $155 to steal them? LOL j/k
k1000smile.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
HOw in the world did you get the MS2 for $155? Let the rest of us in on your secret. Did you pay someone $155 to steal them? LOL j/k
k1000smile.gif

Ebay... the seller was leaving for vacation the afternoon the auction ended. So in his auction it stated you had to send him paypal payment within an hour or 2 of the auc end in order to receive them quickly. this scared bidders away

link

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 9
I bought the HD201s for the sole reason that they were cheap
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 9
I can identify.
biggrin.gif

Bought a set of DT990-Pros because I was curious about the notorious 770/990 bass response, and I found them cheap. What was supposed to be a novelty item has emerged as one of the most entertaining headphone purchases I've made in a long time.

Embarrassing how often I find myself reaching for them.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back