Headphones over ear Probably open around $1000 or less.
May 22, 2020 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MarkAnsworth

New Head-Fier
Ok I am in the market for a 3rd pair of headphones. Currently I have OPPO PM3s and Sennheiser / Drop HD6XXs. I enjoy both but listen to the OPPOs mostly.

I would like something with a bit wider / deeper soundstage.

I have 2 listening areas: Upstairs / Family room
Cambridge CXN (v1)
Aric Audio Transcend 6S7N Preamp
Schiit Magni (3)
Downstairs / Office
Bluesound Node 2i
I am surprised how good this sounds.
Might try swapping out the CXN for it to see if I want to replace the CXN with a Node 2i

Both systems are fed by ROON running on a 5th gen i7 PC. Works fine. See no need for a dedicated ROON server. (CXN is not ROON ready so gets gets content via Airplay. I am very pleased with ROON. It solved my biggest gripe with the CXN: The Tidal app for the CXN sucks big time.

Audio content is all streaming via TIDAL and Qobuz, though I am thinking of dropping TIDAL.

I am not looking to upgrade any of the above gear except perhaps the aforementioned cxn / node swap and perhaps adding another magni downstairs if needed to drive the new headphones.

Oh yeah headphones. I was asking about headphones. I am not a bass head but I do appreciate good bass extension. My listening is mostly rock / jazz / blues and some classical.

I am intrigued Dan Clark Aeon 2s Audeze LCD Xs as well as used LCD 2s and LCD 3s Not that I would rule out other options. Given my affinity for my OPPOs I would favor planar magnetics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back