Headphones not as loud as bought?
Feb 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hieya

New Head-Fier
So I have Sony pulse elite headset and i use the aux to connect it to the computer. 

I never messed with the computer settings and the volume on the headset is all the way up.
It used to be really high but now its just average at high. Did i blow something or do i need something to screw in?
Do i need to buy new ones?

-Thank you for any replies

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Some headphones are harder to drive than others, you can read articles on calculating power using impedance and sensitivity specs. Higher impedance and low sensitivity are harder to drive. A simple solution is a cheap amplifier or a soundcard with a headphone amp built in.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 8
  So I have Sony pulse elite headset and i use the aux to connect it to the computer. 

I never messed with the computer settings and the volume on the headset is all the way up.
It used to be really high but now its just average at high. Did i blow something or do i need something to screw in?
Do i need to buy new ones?

-Thank you for any replies

Your Sony's are wireless yes?  Are the internal batteries well charged??

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 8
So - you are using them wired and not wireless, correct? Does your computer have both an "aux" and also a "headphone" output jack? Is this a Windows or Apple computer? Either way, make sure your volume control in Windows/OSX has not been lowered.

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 8
  Your Sony's are wireless yes?  Are the internal batteries well charged??

So - you are using them wired and not wireless, correct? Does your computer have both an "aux" and also a "headphone" output jack? Is this a Windows or Apple computer? Either way, make sure your volume control in Windows/OSX has not been lowered.

Yes there wireless but i use a aux cable and my windwos volume is all the way up...are the speakers blown up? or is that something else

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 8

Yes there wireless but i use a aux cable and my windwos volume is all the way up...are the speakers blown up? or is that something else

When you use the aux cables do they charge the internal batteries on the headphones or is the internal amplification disabled when using aux?

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 8
If they were "blown-up" you would hear a lot of distorted sound. If they sound OK, just at a lower volume, then I think something else is going on. Is the volume low if you plug them into something else, like a different computer or a phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back