Headphones Near 300
Oct 15, 2004 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KingKong

New Head-Fier
I need more recommendations for headphones around 300. I want headphones that will improve greatly in sound coming out of a 300+ dollar PPA. I want more forward phones like the Grados, but with a little less brightness.

Oct 15, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 5
Either Grados with Flats or, my personal recommendation, a Beyerdynamic DT860 with a 120 Ohm adaptor. Perfect balance between grooviness and hifiness with a forward character, though very balanced in sound and very clear.

Oct 15, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKong
I need more recommendations for headphones around 300. I want headphones that will improve greatly in sound coming out of a 300+ dollar PPA. I want more forward phones like the Grados, but with a little less brightness.

You have described the Alessandro MS-2. $299 shipped from www.alessandro-products.com and it is a Grado, with less brightness, as requested. If you buy flat pads from Todd as well, you'll never look back.

Oct 15, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 5
i'll second Jahn's vote for an MS-2, to give it the majority of 'phones mentioned so far...i love mine, and am using it more and more often...flats are also a must since you want to tame the brightness a bit, and you'll be rocking (or whatever-ing) day after day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back