Headphones make life more wonderful. This is what I've found
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Robertwills

New Head-Fier
Hi,

For many years I listened to whatever headphones came with the player. Then for some reason I did a search online for the best headphones in the world. I was surprised to find a headphone called the Koss Sportapro for only $30.00. I though I would give it a try and WOW! My whole world changed that day. The clarity of sound and how it enveloped me was profound. I run 5 miles daily and let me tell you I bet there is no other portable headphone that can rival the Sportapro. If anyone does know let me know!

Here's what I found. I tried an expensive Sennheiser headphone. I also bought a Grade SR60 that I use at home. The Sportapro is much better! There is something in the sound that is just so captivating in addition to all the other qualities. Then I bought the Koss Portapro. It is very similar to the Sportapro in sound but clearer, less bass but also less sensitivity (101 db) and about 50% more expensive. So the truth is for $30.00 (or less online) anyone can have a very high level of sound. No need to pay $200, $300 $1000 for headphones. Beware of fakes. Only buy direct or from authorized distributors.

Quality headphones truly make life more wonderful. It's my theory that everyone by default experiences trauma in their life and music is definitely of major therapeutic value. However, the quality of sound makes a huge difference. This is where quality headphones come in. You can hear the details. The separation. The layers. Parts in the left and right channels. It's just amazing. You are in your own fantastic world. The best stereos in the world can not do all this. There needs to be a revolution in the world - the world needs to be elevated in taste as to what is good sound is via quality headphones. The Koss Sportapro and Portapro are two affordable headphones that can make this a reality. I will be buying the KTXpro1 (titanium drivers) soon and I will post here what I find.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 4
It is true--you don't need to spend a fortune to have engaging, emotionally involving headphone sound. That said, SQ does improve markedly with a carefully selected headphone at a higher budget level--there is no question about it (unfortunately).

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Congratulations to you and your wallet on finding your personal audio nirvana after just 3 headphones!
Not all of us are so lucky.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 4
It is true--you don't need to spend a fortune to have engaging, emotionally involving headphone sound. That said, SQ does improve markedly with a carefully selected headphone at a higher budget level--there is no question about it (unfortunately).

I thought that was true but for portable use I think the Koss Sportapro and Portapro can not be beat. It's just not simply practical to carry around an amp when running, or at the gym, etc.. Not to mean the larger size of the more expensive headphones.

One thing I did not address is sound leakage. The Portapro leaks sound noticeably and is not good for public use. The Sportapro on the other hand, while still an open "can", leaks much less sound and can be used in public. I think this is due to the partial cover over the driver. Which my guess is also makes it sound less clear and more bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back