Headphones louder via bluetooth than cable?
May 19, 2019 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I was wondering, why is the volume much higher when I just use my headphones connected with bluetooth to my pc than when I plug them in with 3.5mm cable? And how do I get it just as loud?

May 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I usually find that to be the opposite for me as Bluetooth is not as loud but louder than I tend to listen.

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey,

I was wondering, why is the volume much higher when I just use my headphones connected with bluetooth to my pc than when I plug them in with 3.5mm cable? And how do I get it just as loud?

Is the volume setting on the headphone itself the same? If it still works, it might be defaulting to a lower level when it detects the power signal coming through a cable.

If that's not the problem the iikely issue is that your BT DAC-HPamp inside the headphone has a much higher gain setting, which is a way to trick people into thinking it sounds better, from the recording labels waging the Loudness War to amplifiers sporting higher gain than power. Even if your motherboard has a bit more power, it's like putting a transmission for a NASCAR oval on a car that has to go around say Willow Springs. If you have a gaming motherboard go into the sound suite and figure out where the high gain setting is. It's usually called by some other inane label, along the lines of "Pr0 g4m3R MaXXXimuM p4Wn4g3 Mode" or whatever. My Xonar U3 says "Exciter Mode for >64ohms" (note: impedance is not the primary determinant for whether you need higher gain or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back