Headphones loses frequency and becomes reverby
Mar 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mushroom Buttons

New Head-Fier
Hello people.

Today, my AKG k240 Studio went all #%$%ed up. Audio became thin with no bass whatsover. A test on a TV series gave a weirder result, where music is audible but speeches are not. Audio also has weird reverb-y / blurry quality.

What could possibly be the problem? Cables or the whole can? So worried :frowning2:

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 9
It could be that the common (ground) wire in the cable is broken, that might cause the effects you described. Basically, you hear the difference of the two channels, so sounds that are panned to the center (speech, bass, etc.) are canceled out, but what is originally on the left or right remains audible. It also means that the drivers have inverted phase relative to each other, so the sound appears to come from some undefined direction.

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #5 of 9
This is has nothing to do with burn-in (which is another controversial topic for another time). This sounds like some internal damage

Quote:
I think it's one of the burn in problem from what I read. Just try to burn in a little longer and see your results.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for the replies. Sent it to a shop and i was told it is most likely grounding issue. However, i have tried swapping cable before sending it and the problem is not the cable. Might be the pins or something else. This sucks. :mad:

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #9 of 9
any idea if this is fixable without risk of ruining other parts? or without costing more than half the price of the headphones? 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back