Headphones like LCD 3 but are more comfortable and have more bass/soundstage?
Feb 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Montecristo

100+ Head-Fier
Loved the LCD 3's but the heaviness/clamping was too much to listen to for long periods of time. The bass also left something to be desired....Though it was tight and high quality, there was not a "fullness" or "rumble" to it. I would also like a wider soundstage...

- Tried the SZ2000 and though the bass are literal subwoofers it was obviously too much...
- Tried the Nighthawks and I loved the full and rumble of the bass but it sounded a bit muddy and the mids/treble didn't have the clarity/detail the LCD 3's had
- Sony Z1R's are out of my price range (looking for $1k and under used)

Is there any headphone like this?

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 8
My bad. That's a frequency response graph, showing how much more or how much less the headphones respond in sound relative to the frequency. At the top shows the three sections of the graph: bass, mid, and treble. The graph shows a stronger response in the bass for the TH-900's than the LCD-3's, but somewhat recessed mids and a somewhat stronger treble response. I'm not sure if the TH-900's are similar enough to the LCD-3's, the bass notwithstanding, but those were the only pair of headphones I could think of, besides the LCD-2's which have the same bass response as the LCD-3's.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 8
Thank you for the explanation...

Isn't most music in the midrange??  So wouldn't a recessed midrange have a big impact?
Music usually covers the entire range. Vocals tend to be in the midrange as other instruments as well. Recessed doesn't mean absent though just not as upfront.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 8
It's so hard to talk about the description of music conceptually -.-
Yes what some call music others call noise making no sense at all .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back