headphones in the rain?
Oct 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ducks_own

100+ Head-Fier
it was raining the other day, and I was wondering "Do my headphones mind this weather?"... Perhaps this is considered a noob question, but it's something I'm curious about.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Depends on the phones. My Ety 6is, my Altec 326s, my RE2s, don't care. My Denon C551s, melted.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 7
I kind of had the idea that though it probably wouldn't hurt them too bad, water + electronics = Bad idea.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on the phones. My Ety 6is, my Altec 326s, my RE2s, don't care. My Denon C551s, melted.

I agree with the ER-6i's being somewhat "rain friendly". Almost all of the body of the IEM sits in your ear so that it's hard for rain to get to them, and even then, the body is pretty waterproof in a way. It's a plastic body that's closed with the exception of the wire...but that comes out of the bottom.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would certainly depend on the headphones, but I would try to avoid exposing them to water if possible.

Agreed. If they're fully closed they could be fine, but I'd even be concerned with my K518 if the rain was really heavy. Not to mention the pleather pads probably don't react well to moisture over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back