Headphones in the movie (500) Days of Summer
Aug 3, 2009 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

gus6464

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone seen this movie? Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character had these cans with metal top that I am trying to figure out what they were. Does anyone know by any chance?

Edit: found a pic

zz6b50d4b0.jpg

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 17
They don't sound too great. I saw a girl on the bus wearing one of the middle grade red ones that the company makes. In her own words, "They're way better than my Skullcandy's!"

I hoped to god that she was right and tried them on. They're actually pretty trippy looking, and they were comfortable too, but the sound quality just screamed standard consumer product. I find them to be attractive headphones; different and striking, but not too gaudy like the Skullcandy lineup.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 17
I was wondering the same thing when i saw the movie. They look VERY similar to old Stax SR5-NB Gold's which I used to have. Very sexy phones. Also remind me of some old-school studio phones, or orthodynamics.

Funny that a company sells these things now, when you could get some real vintage phones on ebay for dirt cheap, which would probably sound decent.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't sound too great. I saw a girl on the bus wearing one of the middle grade red ones that the company makes. In her own words, "They're way better than my Skullcandy's!"

I hoped to god that she was right and tried them on. They're actually pretty trippy looking, and they were comfortable too, but the sound quality just screamed standard consumer product. I find them to be attractive headphones; different and striking, but not too gaudy like the Skullcandy lineup.

Did they sound better than Skullcandy's?

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 17
This is why I curse head-fi, whenever I see someone wearing cans I just HAVE to figure out what they are. 90% of the time they are Sony, of course, with the odd SkullCandy in the mix.
I long for the day I see someone wearing ATs or Grados
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back