Headphones in LA?
Jul 16, 2003 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Der Wolf

Head-Fier
Hi all.

I'm registered here for a long time and I'm reading the forums quite regularly. But this is my first post.

First let me tell you, that I really like this forum but it also helped me spend an insane amount of money on my headphone rig. I don't know, if I should be really glad about that... But my system now just sounds incredible!

Now to my question:

A friend of mine is going to LA tomorrow. I am looking for a shop wich carries Grado headphones, because I need a small Grado (allready own an RS-1) for my work.

Also I would be interrested in trying Etymotics. So a shop wich sells Etys would also be very helpfull. I hope, you can give me the adresses of some stores where I can buy those two brands.

Thanks alot so far!

Lukas

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 19
Have you tried online shopping? It's really great
biggrin.gif
Is there a reason you cannot obtain these headphones online?

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 19
Hi 5412.

Thanks for your fast reply.

I shop online very frequently. But as I said earlier, my friend is in los angeles for a few days. So I can save on shipping and handling.

why should I pay for shipping, when my friend can deliver the cans to me in a few days?

So, any adresses and responses would be greatly appreciated.

Lukas

Jul 16, 2003 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 19
I'm sure the sales tax would far outweigh the shipping costs of high end headphones.

Jul 17, 2003 at 8:12 AM Post #8 of 19
Thanks a lot guys.

But there is a little problem. As you can see in my profile I live in germany. And if I order something like an SR-80 online I will have to pay some ridiculous shipping fees.

That said the responses above don't really help me a lot. It would be greatly appreciatetd if someone could give me the adresses of 3 - 4 stores that carry the above mentioned phones.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you guys.

Lukas

p.s. I'm missing the standard head-fi greeting a bit...

Jul 17, 2003 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 19
You live in Germany?!

Wow, I mean, don't you have Sennheisers, AKGs, ect. Germany and Austria! Why go overseas to buy our crappy headphones?!

biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2003 at 8:38 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by user5412
You live in Germany?!

Wow, I mean, don't you have Sennheisers, AKGs, ect. Germany and Austria! Why go overseas to buy our crappy headphones?!

biggrin.gif

Because he's looking for Grados, which I'm very sure are not German. This is just convenience, because his friend is gonna be in LA anyway. Cut the guy some slack
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #11 of 19
Well, call it a fault in character, but I really like the grado sound. And I would rather buy a pair of empty shoeboxes than the HD-600...
very_evil_smiley.gif

And in my profile you can see, that I allready own some AKG cans. But I need and want some grados for work.

And since the prices for grados are just insane in germany I wanted my friend to bring me a pair from his short trip.

Well thank never the less...

Lukas

Jul 17, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #12 of 19
Lukas,

WELCOME TO HEAD-FI, SORRY 'BOUT YOUR WALLET!!!

Feelin' better now?
wink.gif

I am in the same situation as you: I want some Grado 225 and I live in France. Seems it's rather difficult to get them for (what I call a) normal price
mad.gif

Jul 17, 2003 at 10:30 AM Post #13 of 19
I feel bad not being able to really help this guy. I looked up the Etymotic and Grado websites and found some certified distributors that might help. Sadly, I couldn't find any stores in the Los Angeles area.

ER-4S distributors on the West Coast

Grado Distributors in California

Nowadays, it's practically impossible to find stores that carry high-quality headphones at their storefront. I agree that online is your best bet even if shipping might cost a bit.

Jul 17, 2003 at 11:31 AM Post #14 of 19
Hello greenhorn.

Thanks for the greeting I'm indeed feeling better now because I spend so much money just browsing this site...
rolleyes.gif

And you are completely right. The prices for Grado cans are just plain crazy in europe. I meen nearly 100% more for all models?
mad.gif
When I bought my RS-1 I ordered them online from the USA. Ii's ok to pay 50$ for shipping for 700$ headphones. But I don't want to pay that for some SR-60. I mean that nearly doubles the price...

Hi davidmiya.

Thanks for trying to help. Sadly there really seems to be no shop for Grado products in los angeles
confused.gif

Well and as I said above, I don't think that I want to pay 50$ for shipping for a set of cans for 60-70$. Seems like I'll just have to ask my friend if he can look for them... Wich might be a problem, because he is there to work and has only a few hours of. I thought I could just give him the adress of a shop, he walks in and buys a pair...

Well, thanks to you all and if anyone can provide me with an adress, just shoot away. Or what about the people living in LA? You all listening to Senns?
tongue.gif

Lukas

Jul 17, 2003 at 1:36 PM Post #15 of 19
I think only a small fraction of us acutally have domestic headphones?

Sony = Japan
Sennheiser = Germany
AKG = Austria

Anyways.. Im sorry for going off topic and not giving you a direct answer, that always pisses me off when someone does it to me
smily_headphones1.gif

If you cant get them while in LA i can ship them to you, provided you pay for the headphones and postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back