Headphones in JP.
Apr 4, 2009 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Loppi

New Head-Fier
So here i am in tokyo, and i find myself lacking a pair of headphones.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of AT, but not so sure yet...
Any tips for the noob? price is not a big problem, and i listen to pretty much everything but i'm centered around disco, trance, danceish...

EDIT1: Oh and i'm mostly gonna use them with a walkman NW-S738F and my laptop, so far unamped. Also should i get an amp while i'm at it?

Havn't introduced myself yet, i'm new here! (oh and you don't have to be sorry about.. yeah.)

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 6
I was in Tokyo a little over 6 months ago. I was looking for a closed portable set so I picked up a pair of ES7s from Yodobashi Camera. They were my first AT phones (I've since upgraded to an ESW10). But the ES7s are nice bright forward sounding phones, works real nice for dance and rock music unamped.

I honestly wish I had more time, just thinking about that selection and the listening stations makes me pine for a return.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 6
I've been eyeing the ATH M50s for a bit and they seem nice and all, but do they work well with my kind of music?
Being able to feel the bass is important to me.

The ES7s seem nice too though. Anyone care to compare them?

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Could you also possibly give us prices for headphones in japan?
AD900, AD700, AD2000, Denon D1001, Denon D2000, ES7, ESW9 are some of the prices I am interested

I like the ATH-AD700's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back