headphones in Japan - best (open) pair for snowboarding?
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
I would go with something fancy like this or maybe this.

But really, the best thing you can buy in Japan is in my avatar
icon10.gif

The AT clipons (ew9 em9 etc) don't stay on nearly firmly enough, serious or not
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
But really, the best thing you can buy in Japan is in my avatar
icon10.gif

Im thinking thats MOS burger.

and if it is...you are correct!!!
biggrin.gif

god im getting hungry just thinkin about their cheeseburgers

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #20 of 25
Dang, Mos Burger and headphones?! I miss Japan so much!

I can't think of too much in Japan that fits your needs and trumps what's available in the states (don't know about the UK, sorry). You might check out the Audio Technica FC-7. Decent, relatively inexpensive. It's a closed supra aural, but doesn't have so much isolation that it would be inconcievable to use it snowboarding. A lot like the Sony MDR V150-300 in terms of size and fit, but without the god awful SQ.

If you're going over there, it's worth your time to hunt down some non snowboarding headphones because they can be had for cheap. Imagine walking into a department store and just being able to pick up some eggos off the shelf. Or pawing affectionately at the L3000 behind glass (as I did). Also, if you find the right place, you can maybe find a really good discount. My Audio Technica AD900 was about 90 dollars cheaper than what audiocubes is wanting after the yennies conversion.

Be sure to knock an extra few back at the bar for all of your Japanophile headfi buddies!

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #21 of 25
What??? Headphones while snowboarding? Are u crazy?
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
What if u crashed with lets say an AD2000 on your head?

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #22 of 25
you know i was actually starting to think i might take my alessandro ms-1's along... the only thing is if i stacked it (which is almost a certainty) im sure not only would they get damaged and wrecked, my head would take a battering cos they stick out a fair bit...

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #23 of 25
If you wear a beanie and not a helmet, the KSC-75s are perfect. The beanie helps press the clip-ons against the ear holding them on and also making them sound better.

Plus, they're cheap, so if they break, no big deal.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #24 of 25
How about the ATH-EW9 clip-on woodie
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #25 of 25
I prefer Sensa 2Xs IEMs vs open. They will not fall out if you wipe out. I broke my cord, not boarding but careless packing later, so had to rely on earbuds AT EC-7 for a few trips and greatly missed the IEMS.

Ears are warmer, no microphonics which I can get jogging, light weight. While a little inconvenient to pull out on lift for conversation, many times on lift with strangers anyway.

But will agree HP and slopes are an incredible experience, but be careful on occaission was to psyched by music , environment etc... mind thought it could board better than body only for a rude reminder as that jump didnt go as well as envisioned.

Enjoy - careful those folks at Gala Yuzawa were stranded on gandola lift last week and many in the lodge as winds shut down gondola. Weather has been crazy this year, early December had some incredible snow then mid Jan got warm? rain with avalanche risk then settled back to normal weather. Frustrating since these package deals if weather is bunk you have to pay/go regardless.

The onsens are fantastic.

tk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back