headphones help...
Aug 8, 2002 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nismo20

New Head-Fier
i recently purchase a mic headset for my computer. I am very amazed at the quality of the music. It has a more deeper bass and good vocals too. i was wondering what exactly makes the headphones sound so good? so i can look for same specifictions on my next purchase. i was wondering which one was better?

1.) Plug Dual Plug, Straight monaural mini plug (Gold)
Cord TPC single sided 3m
Type Open air, dynamic
Driver Unit 30mm
Magnet: Ferrite
Sensitivity 106dB/mW
Impedance 24ohms
Power handling capacity 1000mW(EIA)
Type of microphone Electret condenser microphone
Direction of microphone Bi-directional
Output impedance of microphone 2.2k Ohms

or
2.) Speaker Driver Size: 40mm diameter
Speaker Sensitivity: 112dBSPL/mW +/-4dB
Speaker freq: 20Hz-20KHz
Speaker magnet: Neodymium
Speaker Impedence: 28

BTW, #2 i was the one i mentioned earlier (amazing sound quality)

Aug 8, 2002 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi nismo20, welcome to Head-Fi...

Specs are about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to determining the quality of a pair of headphones...

Probably, to get a (more) accurate response... you should try posting the name / model of the headset that you have got... if others have that model here, then they may be able to relate for you??

Thanks

Aug 8, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Plantronics Audio 90 headset and the Sony Stereo Headset for PC, street style design DR-G250DP.
I was just wondering if the sony headset had the same quality sound as the plantronics headset. (i have the plantronics headset)

Aug 8, 2002 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Sony consumer products (black and white packaging IIRC) will almost certainly sound amongst the poorest of the poor...

To answer your first question more aptly... anything can sound good to your ears if you want it to / have nothing to compare it against, I think the core idea of these forums is just to weed out the good from the bad...

Are you purely after a headset arrangement for your next purchase? - if so, it might be worth checking out Sennheisers EH range of headsets??

Aug 8, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 6
I agree with Duncan. If you don't have anything to compare it to, anything sounds good. Heck, if you only knew one girl. . . and didn't see any others. . . you wouldn't have much of a choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
I agree with Duncan. If you don't have anything to compare it to, anything sounds good. Heck, if you only knew one girl. . . and didn't see any others. . . you wouldn't have much of a choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good analogy
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back