Headphones help/comparison: Plantronics GameCom Commander v AudioTechnica ATH-M50
Nov 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

foxflyer

New Head-Fier
I have had a pair of Audio-Technica QuietPoint ATH-ANC7b headphones for about a year now and have enjoyed them immensely. Now after an unfortunate accident which broke a headphone cup from the headband, along with normal wear and tear that comes with use, I would love another one. With many..many..many headsets available to me with a multitude of prices, brands, specifications, features, etc. I would like some feedback about a few different possible choices, and maybe if someone has any different, possibly better ones that I could go with, it would be greatly appreciated. 

I am split between two different ones now. The Plantronics Gamecom Commander and the Audio-Technica M50. Both have great reviews and both are in my budget. The M50 has no microphone, but I can go with the recommended one in the M50 review shown. That said, if anyone has a good recommendation for a headset (budget of $175), I would be able to adjust my views.

A question I have is how much of a difference would I experience between the "stereo" M50s and the "7.1 surround sound" Commanders? If there is not much of a difference, I would probably go with the M50s, otherwise because there is a mic on the Commander, along with the 7.1..I would go with that.

Is there much of a difference or is it just personal preference? Also, if going with the M50, would there be any suggestion for a good external mic?

EDIT: Third option with this Steel Series

Thanks in advance for the advice and other help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back