Headphones + Heat
May 10, 2009 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DarthMarth

100+ Head-Fier
Can excessive heat damage headphones in some way? I am thinking of wearing some isolating ones for mowing the lawn this summer, but it could get pretty hot (especially since they're black) so I want to be sure I won't ruin them somehow. I can't remember if heat is bad for magnets or if it's just batteries...

May 11, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Leaving them in the car baking would be very bad, wearing them while mowing not a problem Except for the sweat possibly damaging the drivers.
wink.gif

May 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 6
I am quite sure it can, of course depending how warm (excessive) they get.
Moisture from sweat is quite harmful as well.

Just use an affordable pair which you can easily replace if they break down.

May 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 6
ditto...i would fear sweat a hell of a lot more than a little heat

May 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Hello everyone. I am the happy new owner of a Bang&Olufsen H6 pair of cans, which i enjoyed almost every day during the last month. Yesterday i stupidly forgot them in my car, for about 3-4 hours. I also stupidly forgot the car in sunlight. :D
Shouldn't have been more than 110
ºF in there, at the time i got back in, probably even less since outside never was more than 85ºF. They were in a closed shoulder bag, so not exposed to direct sunlight, but when i got them out of there i noticed they were hot. I left them a few hours at the room temperature and then listened - nothing bad whatsoever, same crystal clear sound. But is there a chance they are damaged?​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back